Chapter 4: More power to you

"...know? She... father."

"That's crazy... clearly out of control..."

Yoonie overheard as she walked into the classroom for another day of class, causing the group of students who were talking to disperse immediately. They turned away and walked off to another corner of the room, careful not to look directly at Yoonie - as if fearing that something unfortunate might happen to them. As Yoonie wanted to find a desk in this new classroom, she realised that there were none. The classroom was twice the size of their previous one, with a bunch of carpets spaced out evenly across the room, all facing the teacher's table at the front. Walking over to one of the carpets, Yoonie sinks into it, putting her head in her hands as she suppressed a sigh.

Sigh. They must have heard. Yoonie thinks to herself, wondering if the commotion that occurred between her and Lee Know earlier in the week had stirred too much attention. Just... breathe. It'll all be over - in like what, nine hours? She shrugged off the thought bugging her, changing her focus to the topic of today's lesson - understanding their magical affinities. As instructed by Ms Wendy - who was starting to feel like their primary tutor - they were told to report to the next classroom, <Belkamor>. This means that they have advanced one level further in their lessons.

As usual, Nako starts her day being her bubbly self - though only bubbly and comfortable towards Yoonie. There was a lively skip in her gait as she found a seat next to Yoonie. It's good to know that she trusts me - I'll always remember that, Nako.

"Morning class. Welcome to our first lesson in Belkamor." Ms Wendy greeted them as she strode into class elegantly, the clacking of her heels announcing her presence. Before she could finish her sentence, another five figures entered the classroom behind her. One of them was Ms Irene - the Air Purist tutor (with a pointy magician's hat) whom the class had spoken with on their first day. The other four portrayed themselves with confidence and ease, showing that they were likely tutors of Sotia, just like Irene.

"Today, we will be conducting a group-sized lesson. As the focus today is to help you establish a connection with your magical selves, there will be a specific tutor assigned to you based on your magical affinities." Ms Wendy explained. She reads out a list of groupings and the assigned tutors.

"...finally, under Ms Saebom, Nako, Sunghoon and Yoonie." Nako turned to give Yoonie a jovial look, and Yoonie returned hers with a mischievous set of raised eyebrows. "Alright, now split off into your groups!" Wendy finished her instructions, causing the students to scramble onto their feet towards their dedicated tutors.

Yoonie and Nako started off towards the hazelnut-eyed Ms Saebom - who had divine-white skin underneath her metallic armour. Her golden blonde hair was tied up in a neat bun, and she seemed to be a fighter. Yoonie found herself questioning, is this the look of a magician? Can she really use magic?

"Hello to you three, so I will be your tutor for today," Saebom started after getting the three of her assigned students to sit down in front of her. Her cheery tone a stark contrast from her disciplined and immaculate knight-ish armour. "I'm not exactly a tutor at Sotia, but rather a magician from The Queen's Shield." She explained, answering Yoonie's questions before she could ask them. "Usually, the school will search for appropriate magicians to help the new students understand their magical affinities."

"So, what is your magical affinity, Ms Saebom?" Sunghoon, the delicate and brunette-haired guy with a sharp nose asks. Yoonie was taken aback at how alleviating his voice had been - quite certain that this was the first time she heard him speak.

She smirks at him, crossing her legs as she seated. Chanting a series of magical incantations, the three watched in great awe as the wooden floor beneath her started extending upwards, elevating her higher by a small step - she was a Wood user.