Chapter 16: What Legends Say

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherworld. - Equinox District: Sacred Gardens.

-Jenah's POV-

You were sitting down in front of the lake while you are taking some air inside your lungs. It was evident how this time helped to relax after the difficulties that happened and will keep occurring.

Amazingly, Rocky hasn't said a word; perhaps he knows that you are communicating with the wind. Currently, you are trying to connect with nature while thinking about the following things to befall. Although you focused on having a brief moment to relax, you could also see what Rocky was doing from time to time. Like playing around with his icy powers, controlling some other spells for communication, and just taking care of Magnus, who he brought after showing you the lake.

At the moment, both of you are back in the same spot you were some minutes ago, sitting down in front of the lake while looking around. And after communicating with the wind, your attention focused on your traveling partner, causing you to grow curious about the knowledge he holds about this place.

-Park Minhyuk. – You called his name, immediately capturing his attention.

-What is it? – Rocky asked while looking at you.

-You never told me the name of the lake. – You mentioned.

-You are right; I never did. – Rocky smiled before taking a deep breath while admiring the scenery in front of him. –These are the Moonlight Depths, a magical place and a legend for its history. – Rocky explained.

-Do you remember some of it? You know, the history of the lake. – You questioned.

He nodded. –Once I found it, I did a lot of research on it. According to the history books of Equinox District, this lake resembles a mystery to many, but for some is a familiar reference to make love confessions. It sounds cheesy, but the lake recognizes the ones destined to be together and the couples who don't. Numerous otherworlders used this place for pairing marriages back in the day, but now it has been banned. After all, most pairs were offended by what the lake had to say about their relationships. – Rocky disclosed while touching the water of the lake with his fingers.

-I never thought it would do that. It seems like a curious place to make confessions, but I suppose the lake has its lovely touches. – You admitted while a subtle smile appeared on your face. –And what happens if the lake recognizes one real couple? – You curiously asked.

-Well, it is supposed to activate the elemental orb, which will make the area shine through the whole night. And as long as you stay inside the Sacred Gardens, the orb's power also protects you from enemy attacks. – Rocky described.

-The elemental orb. – You thoughtfully murmured. –I already heard that somewhere, but I can't tell when it was. – You remembered, attempting to bring the memories from the past.