Chapter 17: Facing Reality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherworld: South District.

*Early morning*

-Rocky's POV-

We've been riding for a while now. And so far, both shared stories, got to know each other better, and continued addressing what happened at the Sacred Gardens. Jenah still was fascinated by the way the whole place looked. According to her, it felt like the secret place she would always want as a little kid. On the other hand, she apologized when she reminisced about the difficulties she brought upon battling the Jalmas, but I was straightforward and told her that she doesn't need to worry about that anymore.

Right now, we are walking as I'm holding Magnus's leash, and I felt that he was starting to get tired. So, I told Jenah to take a stroll along with me for some time. We are about to get to the Front Lines, and I want to have some peaceful moments before jumping into the battle again. As soon as we wandered around the woods, we've talked about the feelings we have in common, what occurred with the Moonlight Depths, and how it showed us that our paths meant to crash at some point.

-I guess you were surprised when that happened. – I deduced.

-After opening my eyes, I wasn't surprised. – Jenah admitted.

-Why? – I curiously asked.

-I was feeling relieved after noticing you were all right. – Jenah shyly mentioned.

-Yes, it was slightly scary. – I spoke.

-The prince was scared? Wow! – Jenah mocked, sarcastically speaking before snickering.

-Stop it! I can be a prince, but I still have some fears. – I pointed out while slightly smiling at Jenah.

-Which ones? – Jenah curiously asked.

-Losing Magnus, for example. I don't know if you have noticed, but every time we are in a bad situation, I put a spell on him for protection. – I mentioned.

-Yes, I have. – Jenah nodded. –And it's very kind of you to do it. – Jenah smiled before patting Magnus's head.

-But I'm also afraid of losing you. – I admitted.

Jenah looked at me, astonished, then releasing a grin before taking a deep breath.

-I might be new to handling my powers as an Oprix, but I can sure do other things. – Jenah assured me before crossing her arms. –I've been up in the clouds lately, and it makes me believe that's the thing holding me back from using my powers' potential. – Jenah expressed before looking at the path ahead of us.

-Losing Sylvia was hard, and I understand that. – I spoke, knowing that Jenah is also thinking about her friend.

-But that's not the only thing pulling me back, Minhyuk. – Jenah sighed. –This feeling for you, my history, what might be wrong or right about me; then Kyo Taewoo behind both, and we had been running away. It's just too much. – Jenah admitted before looking down at the ground.