Chapter 9: Vanished Bonds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherworld. - Dandelion's District: Sacred Leaf Fort.

*Moments later*

-Jenah's POV-

You couldn't feel at ease even though you know that Sylvia is coming soon. There it is; that bothers you. It seems odd that they are arriving at similar times as another group. That has happened before, and the results of it didn't end well. Demon Masters began the Century War after finding out about the secret reunion between angels and warlocks. And the cause of it was the movement of different groups of otherworlders made on the same day. However, that's only a theory you made up because there wasn't another way for them to know about the occasion at the Palace.

Right now, you are outside, on the east side of the fort from Dandelion's District. You aren't too far away from the entrance since you are waiting for Sylvia to come. In the meantime, you are staying away from everybody, trying to connect with the wind to ease your worries.

Come on, tell me that nothing's wrong. I need to know Sylvia is alright.

While closing your eyes, you tried to communicate with your old friend. But suddenly, you heard someone walking towards you, which immediately made you create a barrier around you.

You are starting to get scared; panic while reminiscing the feeling of being in a war.

-Jen, it's me! – You heard Rocky say, which caused you to feel relieved.

-Why don't you talk when you come? – You annoyedly asked while removing the barrier with a soft hand movement, and then you looked at Rocky, upset.

-I'm sorry for not being nosy. Anyway, what was that for, huh? – Rocky asked, confused. Then, pointing at where the barrier was.

-I'm only taking my precautions. – You lied, which made the wind give you chills all over your spine. It caused you to sigh, feeling frustrated by your friend's reaction to your words.

-You are communicating with it, am I right? – Rocky asked, slightly bending his head to the side.

You nodded. -If you refer to The Wind. Then, yes, I am. – You admitted while crossing your arms.

-You never mentioned that before, you know? – Rocky pointed out while looking around the place.

-I didn't think it was necessary. I'm still learning to talk with it better, so it isn't incredibly relevant. – You spoke while moving your feet slightly, feeling anxious since you are still thinking about Sylvia.

-Maybe it knows that you are way too desperate, and that's why it isn't telling you anything. – Rocky guessed before walking towards you while glancing at your face. -Are you alright? I see you are concerned. – Rocky worriedly questioned.