Chapter 13: Never Be the Same

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherworld. - Equinox District: The Valley.

*Time later*

-Rocky's POV-

We are at the second to last region before getting to the Front Lines in The South district. Jenah and I arrived at The Valley without being noticed, immediately searching for somewhere to hide. Fortunately, I have a cabin hidden behind a waterfall near our location and the village. Several things are happening around the Otherworld, and I wouldn't be surprised if The Queen sent someone to chase after Jenah. Due to the circumstances, my priority is keeping her safe. I'm going to take care of the injuries that followed our confrontation with the Demon Masters.

After we arrived at the cabin, I got the chance to heal Jenah's injuries, and later, both of us were stable in just a couple of minutes.

Right now, we are resting on the kitchen table while looking outside the window beside us. Jenah was glancing at me oddly once we settled in, but I could certainly understand why. It isn't normal or even common to see a Nix in times like this, and even though I already told her my story, she seems to be more surprised than I could ever expect.

-Can you stop with those stares? Honestly, you are creeping me out. - I complained before sitting in front of Jenah.

-Sorry! I only think it's incredible to know where you come from; I assumed you were a normal prince. – Jenah admitted.

-My parents thought the same, but I guess my birth had a lot to do with my magic. – I sighed before looking away from Jenah. -As I said before, our origins are hard to hide. And for me, it wasn't an exception; I also struggled with my powers while growing up. – I explained, reminiscing those rough days.

-I can believe that. But, since when have you been running? – Jenah curiously asked.

-Years. I ran away from my parents first, and then the entire Otherworld started to suspect about my family. Somehow, everybody thought they had some deal with obscure demonic magic. So, I ran away to the Real-World. – I confessed while crossing my arms, then taking a deep breath.

-You indeed have some powerful secrets. But even if I know how mysterious you are, would you tell me what happened in the forest? – Jenah questioned, which I nodded for in response.

-The symbol I draw on your wrist was one I saw in my dreams. Yes, it sounds odd, but it's the truth. – I swore before looking at Jenah. -I didn't know what it was until a few hours ago. – I said.

-When did you have this dream? – Jenah curiously asked.

-Before the demons attacked the Sacred Leaf Fort at Dandelion's District. – I revealed.