ten: get away

| sam's pov |

It was the weekend and I was up for an adventure. To go to the beach actually, the beach where Michael and I kissed. It was Saturday morning when my doorbell rang. I heard my mom open it, so I continued packing a bag for the day. I was startled when my bedroom door opened revealing Michael.

"Oh shit, you scared me you asshole."

"Oh sorry." He sat down on my bed as I continued packing

"Where are you going?"

"Running away." I said sarcastically

"Really?"

"No I'm going to the beach."

"Santa Cruz?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off

"Can I come?"

"If you want." I shrugged

"Okay I'm coming. I'll buy you a pack of cigarettes?"

"Fine you can come." I smiled

~

I was driving, blasting Arabella on the radio. Me and Michael haven't talked since we stopped so he can pick me up cigarettes and I got gas. The silence was nice, peaceful almost.

"You smoke a lot."

I scoffed.

"No shit."

"Why?"

"To kill me faster, I guess."

"You should cut down."

"It helps."

"How?"

I looked at him, he actually looked interested.

"Makes the pain go away for a little."

"Kissing me does to."

"Yeah, but I can't kiss you all the time. We're just friends."

"We could be more.." He barley whispered, I pretended to not hear him because I actually didn't knew what to say.

We arrived shortly after and it was around 6 o'clock and it was already starting to get dark. I grabbed my bag of things and walked to the beach. I set down my things, undressed and ran to the ocean. I laughed and swam. It was beautiful, I loved it here, I honestly did. This was one place I could go to, to just get away from all other drama. I saw Michael taking a picture of me with his phone, so I covered my face. Shortly after Michael joined me, shirtless. (😼👅)

"Hey why did you cover your face?" He fake pouted

"Because Mike I look like shit!"

"Shutup you don't!"

"I do, and you know it."

"Sam no you don't, your still the most beautiful girl."

I smiled at him.

The rest of the time it was fun, we swam, we talked, we had water fights with each other. It was an amazing time, and for a couple of hours I forgot all about my pain and only about Michael, and let me tell you, it was great. It was now 9 o'clock at night and me and Mike were both drying off.

"I know this great little diner thing a little farther down if you want to go?" I asked

"Yeah that'd be cool."

He got dressed and packed up everything while I just watched the waves crash to the shore. The stars were reflecting off the water and it was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I closed my eyes, and the wind was blowing my hair. That reminded me, I haven't had a cigarette in a while, but for now I didn't need one. I was fine. After a couple of minutes Michael, touched my arm.

"Sam you ready?"

"Yeah I just miss this place that's all."

"What do you mean?"

"After you left, junior year I came here almost every weekend to get my mind off things, and then when I started smoking. I didn't. I was happy when I came here, it always got my mind off things."

"Is that why you were coming today?"

"Yes."

"What did you want to take your mind off?"

"You and Justin."

"Are you still dating?"

"We never were but yeah I stopped things."

"Why?"

"A real reason? Or a bullshit one?"

"Real."

"You."

-
haHAah *devil smirking emoji*