The Sun Also Rises and As I Lay Dying

"dying is an art, like everything else. i do it exceptionally well. i do it so it feels like hell." -Sylvia Plath

" -Sylvia Plath

Jenna was waking up, clutching onto her head in pain

Jenna was waking up, clutching onto her head in pain. Thea was standing too far away from both women, but she could see Elena attempting to reassure her aunt, to quiet her panic down.

Glancing around, she bit her lip nervously, wishing her bonded was here, that his face had been the last she saw before her father had arrived and spirited her away. Something was going to go wrong, she could feel it. As keenly as she once felt her uncle's impending death. Something was going to go wrong, and she'd be the one paying the price.

Looking up, she noticed Klaus' witch glaring at her with a narrowed stare, and she simply tilted her head in response, curious for the clear animosity. It was everywhere, this feeling of impending doom. It consumed her very being, filtered into her very soul.

Her breath was beginning to stutter, lungs straining under the pressure of her anxiety. Suddenly, none of this seemed like a good plan, like a good idea. Suddenly, she just wanted to rewind the clock, go back to this afternoon, with just her and her bonded on the couch, wrapped up in each other, bond throbbing under the force of their love.

Something was going to go wrong, and she didn't think she would come out of it alive.

Klaus came back, walking leisurely towards his audience. She realised a little too late that she was trapped within a ring of flames, and it seemed Klaus did as well, for once he saw her, noticed her tensing with fear and anxiety, he turned to the witch and commanded, "Why is she trapped as well? I've told you, she is not to be harmed!"

The woman shrugged her shoulders, "Not my problem, I've spelled the entire quarry. Once one ring was lit, the others followed suit."

Thea swallowed nervously, she could feel her hands shaking slightly, and shouted out, "I'd recommend letting me out, I've been told I get my anger from him, so I doubt you want to witness what he'd do if he had magic thrumming through his system."

The woman smirked evilly, gesturing with her hands, "Go ahead, try. I've spelled yours in particular, no magic, no witchcraft of any kind. You're completely powerless in there."