The Last Day

"take him and cut him out into little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine, that all the world will be in love with night, and pay no worship to the garish sun." - William Shakespeare

" - William Shakespeare

TW: this chapter contains explicit sexual content

TW: this chapter contains explicit sexual content. Beginning and end will be marked by ****.

She'd woken up to the sound of voices, low and muffled. Nuzzling into Damon's chest, she kissed him softly, before yawning, raising her eyes to his, "Morning," she murmured with a smile. 

His hold tightened around her, worry and concern flooding through their bond, "Morning Angel."

Thea frowned slightly, looking up at him, and adjusting her position so she could stare into his icy-gaze. "What's wrong?" She questioned softly, "Why are you so worried?"

"The full moon's tonight." He murmured in reply, "You could die tonight, and I...I can't let that happen Thea. I can't lose you."

Sensing his growing panic, she pulled him closer, laying his head on her chest, right over her heartbeat, "Hey, hear that?" She whispered, "That's my heart. Still beating, only for you, but it beats. And come tomorrow, it will still beat. You said it yourself, Klaus isn't planning on killing me, or hurting me in any way. It's gonna be okay, I'm gonna be okay baby."

"But you don't know that for sure. You don't know that you'll come out of this alive for sure. He could change his mind at the last minute, anything could happen."

"Damon... any number of things could happen at any time. I could be walking down the road and get reamed by an oncoming truck, or fall down the boarding house stairs and break my neck." Inhaling softly, she added, "But if it helps, I want you to feed me your blood later today, so that if anything does happen, I'll come back to you, guaranteed."

He tensed, head rising form its previous position on her chest, eyes looking deeply into her own, "You want to change? But what about your magic?"

The blood-witch shrugged, a small smile on her face, "I've been thinking about it, and honestly, I was just scared of being powerless. But I'll never be that. The enhanced strength alone would prevent that from happening. Plus, I'd get to be with you, forever, and I really want that, Ace. I know nothing is risk free, but this way, if the worst happens, I'll be back."