Daddy Issues

"most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. this is because most books on witchcraft were written by men." - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

" - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Damon had turned her television on to its highest volume option, which meant that as they stood beneath her shower, they could hear the newscaster speaking

Damon had turned her television on to its highest volume option, which meant that as they stood beneath her shower, they could hear the newscaster speaking. And her bonded seemed far more interested in it, than in her current naked state.

"The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Koenig, reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. "

At the mention of the name, she felt his hands tense on her waist, guilt flooding her system through their bond. Thea frowned, and reached out to him in concern, placing a hand on his chest, "What's wrong?"

He didn't reply, but averted his gaze away from hers, eyes looking at the floor instead. He was incredibly guilty for some reason, and the regret coming through him was inundating her senses. Raising her voice slightly, she asked again, "Ace, what's wrong?"

He didn't vocalise his answer, but when she raised his eyes to hers, and saw their typical icy colour darkened by guilt and sadness, she understood what had occurred. He'd snapped yesterday, and killed the girl. Closing her eyes, she sighed slowly, before wrapping her arms around his neck, whispering, "It's okay."

"I killed her." He mumbled in response, muscles tensing under her touch, before he pulled away. Glaring at her, he repeated in a louder tone, "I killed her. How is that okay?"

Thea tilted her head, before wondering out loud, "Do you want me to yell at you and be angry?"

"No! I want you to tell me how you really feel, not just comfort and forgive me when I don't deserve it!" He raged in response.

The blood-witch raised a curious brow in reply, saying, "Well I'm not going to do that. It would be incredibly hypocritical of me to berate you for doing something that I've done before. Do I wish you'd talked to me instead of reacting in anger? Yeah, but I was part of your anger, so I get that." Stepping closer to him, she cupped his face in between her palms, rubbing over his cheeks softly, "I'm not going to give you more reasons to hate yourself, or feel more guilty Damon. As much as you hate it when I wallow in self-pity, I hate it when you do it by trying to self-sabotage. And before you get into the spiel of what I deserve, I'm gonna remind you that I'm the only one who gets to decide that, and I decided a long time ago that all I wanted was you."