Know Thy Enemy

"perhaps one day i'll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. but not as long as i can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow." - Sylvia Plath

" - Sylvia Plath

They found Stefan heading down the stairs as soon as they'd walked into the Boarding House

They found Stefan heading down the stairs as soon as they'd walked into the Boarding House. His eyes widened at the sight of the couple, but as he began heading in their direction, Damon stopped him by snapping, "You come any closer, and I won't be held accountable for what I do."

The younger man swallowed heavily, throwing the blood-witch an apologetic glance, before nodding his head slowly. "I guess apologising right now won't be taken very well, huh?" He questioned softly.

Thea snorted in response, feeling her heart tinge at the disaster that had become of her relationship with the vampire, a boy she once considered her brother. "Normally, it would. Problem is, I wouldn't believe you if you apologised now, and what's the point of that."

His eyes shut regretfully, before Damon said in an impatient tone, "Mind explaining why we had to cut our getaway short?"

"Isobel just showed up at Elena's front doorstep." He replied, brows furrowing in concern.

"Did she say what she wanted?" Asked the witch.

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." Retorted Stefan with a shrug. He was about to say something else, before a figure blurred past him, and tackled the witch in a hug.

"Slanchitse!" Exclaimed Kat excitedly, before pulling away and mumbling in Bulgarian, "I'm sorry about Elijah. I may not have liked him, but no one deserves to have their family killed needlessly."

Thea smiled sadly, retorting, "Thanks Kat. Seems you've got more empathy than most people here."

The woman nodded, before turning to a flabbergasted Stefan and stating, "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

"What? Why?"

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb."

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that would have gotten me killed." He replied angrily.

Kat shrugged casually, "I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."