Rose

"it was said that the gods favoured fools because they were entertaining to watch." - N.K Jemisin

K Jemisin

She was being carried somewhere

She was being carried somewhere. Her head was still incredibly foggy, and she was unable to fully concentrate. Based on previous experiences, Thea assumed that meant that whoever had kidnapped her, had also cracked her skull. She tried to focus her hearing, because she was fairly certain she could distinguish Elena's voice, faint though it may have been.

Her entire upper body felt immobilised. Arms wrapped tightly behind her back, and neck bound into place by rough ropes. That probably meant that whoever her kidnapper was, they knew her particular brand of witchcraft, and had taken the necessary precautions to keep her from harming herself and subsequently, them too.

She was abruptly dropped into a hard surface, the ground most likely, and just before she lost consciousness once more, she vaguely heard Elena's voice, screaming her name.

——————

She slowly opened her eyes, squinting against the sudden onslaught of brightness. Her neck ached, and her shoulders were cramping up, but none of that compared to the immense pain she felt coming from the side of her head. The bone was still mending, then.

She attempted to turn her head sideways, finding the task nearly impossible with the binding around her neck. And so she resorted to whispering, "Elena! El!"

A familiar brunette figure came into her line of vision, before the girl sobbed quietly in relief, "Tee! You're okay!"

"I am, but I need you to sit me up. They've bound me like a thanksgiving turkey, so I can't exactly move right now."

Elena nodded, before softly reaching over and helping the girl to sit up. As soon as her hand made contact with Thea's arm though, the blood-which hissed in pain, and watched in mild horror as deep black bruises grew on her skin.

"What's happening to you?" Whispered Elena in a panic.

"I used dark magic to bind myself to Katherine yesterday instead of you. This is the price of it." She mumbled, observing as the splotches spread across both of her arms, and legs.