The Last Dance

"what matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

" - Charles Bukowski

Bonnie and Elena were seated next to her on the couch, waiting as she signed her name on the boarding house lease papers

Bonnie and Elena were seated next to her on the couch, waiting as she signed her name on the boarding house lease papers. This had literally been how her morning had begun, she'd woken up, had a banana shoved down her throat by her concerned bonded, before the avalanche of people descended upon their peacefulness, in the form of Bonnie, Stefan and his human toy.

Currently, Thea was staring as the lawyer shuffled through the papers, handing her the final one.

"Please sign here and here." He said, pointing to the corresponding places.

She complied, watching as he collected them all and repacked them in his briefcase.

"So this place is all yours? They just gave it you?" Asked Bonnie in wonder.

"For now. If I'm the only owner, then I'm the only one who can invite a specific kind of person in here, and since my instincts are unbeatable..."

"A personalised safe house, for both you and Elena."

Looking at her, the blood-witch grinned widely, "Pretty much."

The brunette human huffed in response, crossing her arms petulantly. Smirking at her, Thea looked back at her friend and explained, "She's jealous they gave it to me and not her. Not like there's a list a mile-long of accomplishments under my belt or anything."

Walking away, she could hear the witch chastising the human for her unreasonable behaviour, and she chuckled, opening the door for the lawyer. Waving him away with a respectful, "Thank you, Mr. Henry."

She looked back at the two vampires, before gesturing with a flourish, "Would you like to come into my house, Ace?"

The blue-eyed man grinned, walking past the threshold and wrapping an arm around her waist. Stefan meanwhile, groaned, "Are we really going to do this?"

"You'd deserve it too, after every shitty thing you've done to me lately. But, I'm not that awful, come in Stefan, hopefully you won't push me into a murderous rage." She retorted, frowning at him.