PART 32

This is it - the big moment. The best day of my life. Standing in front of the big tall mirror, I grin at my reflection, a breathtaking net dress, delicately enhanced with silver sparkles. My hair is up into a platted bun, with a crown and veil covering the top.

A knock at the door, makes me release a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Y/N, can I come in?" I see Tony in the reflection behind me, peeking round the oak door.

"Yes, come in." I spin around slowly, making the dress ruffle with the air. Tony stops and his mouth opens a little, stunned to see me like this.

"You look wonderful." He breaths out, stepping closer. I won't mention it but I can see the tears welling in his happy eyes.

"Thank you," I let out a shaky breath. I reach out to straighten his tie a little, making him roll his eyes enthusiastically.

"Are you ready to go?" He searches my anxious eyes.

I let out a deep breath and look in the mirror once more, "yeah, thank you for doing this Tony.."

"It's my honour." He nods and hooks his arm out for me to grab, to which I do with shaky hands. We begin walking out the doors and turn into a huge stone corridor, still not in view of anyone.

"I don't look too nervous, do I?"

"You're doing amazing, Y/N. Everything is going to be fine." He reassures me, squeezing my hand a little.

We turn one big corner and here it is. Everyone stands as Tony subtly edges me to start walking. My legs are shaky from nerves and my pupils are probably enlarged from excitement. That butterfly feeling in my stomach growing impossibly bigger.

A smile plays on my face as we walk slowly down the isle. Big grins and nods are sent my way in congratulations. I squeeze Tony's arm slightly, making him smile at me.

"Breath, Y/N.." he whispers, making me calm down a little.

I see Bruce and Rhodes standing at one of the front benches besides pepper and vision. Peter, Clint, and Thor standing at the other benches, hands cupped in front of them, large smiles on their faces. Friends from Wakanda have joined us today as well along with many other shield colleagues and friends.

Natasha and Wanda are stood as my bridesmaids as Steve and Sam stand as Bucky's groomsmen. I can only see the back of Him right now but I can see he is dressed in the full black tux I begged him to buy one time.

Tony smiles to himself, overfilled with a proud feeling as he leaves me at the front to walk up the steps. As I take the first step, Bucky turns around licking eyes with me until I'm in front of him. We laugh lightly, taking in the pure happiness of what is happening. Everyone's takes their seats and the room falls silent.

"You're beautiful." Bucky whispers making my cheeks light up with all emotions.

"You look handsome." I compliment back, tracing my eyes over the velvet tux.

"We have gathered here today to celebrate the matrimony of Y/N Y/L/N and James Buchanan Barnes." The priest speaks clearly, "Since it is your intention to enter into the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church." We reach for each other's hands, our eyes still joined.

"Do you, James Buchanan Barnes, take Y/N Y/L/N to be your wife?  Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"

Within a beat, Bucky speaks loud, "I do." He squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"Y/N Y/L/N, do you take James Buchanan Barnes to be your husband?  Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?"

"I do!" I blurt out making the audience and James laugh.

We exchange the rings and grab each others hands again, I look down at the pretty diamond on my finger and the golden band on his own. Perfect.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!" The officiant declares, shutting his book with a small smile.

We stare at each other, so so in love, and falling impossibly deeper. The audience cheers, waiting for us to exchange our kiss. But in this moment, it's just me and him in the room. And we are savouring this moment. I squeeze his hands, happy tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

"Kiss me."

——————
HOLY SHIT <3333

This is the last chapter of the story and I will like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for all the love and support <3
Read the next chapter for some news!

I hope you are staying well and safe!

TIKTOK- @avengerstuffff

THANK YOU