PART 18

Back at Stark Tower, we were given a day of rest before we return to our superhero duties. Whilst we gone everything has seemed to be uneventful - no alien threats or upcoming groups preparing to overthrow government. It's been normal.

The heat in New York is very different to the heat we experienced in Italy. It's more humid and subtropical. And the noise of the loud city was always clear. Unlike Italy's quiet towns.

Bruce, Clint, Sam, and Rhodes all went to their rooms to unpack immediately and most likely get back into routine. Y/N, Bucky, Steve, Wanda, Natasha, and Tony are all sat in the open space living area absentmindedly watching TV. Tony watched from the bar, which was just behind the sofa and to the right a-bit, fiddling with some confusing technology.
And Peter returned home to his Aunt May and their small apartment in Queens.

———
Y/N's POV

Sat squished between Bucky and Wanda, I try bring my feet up from the floor to tuck them under my bum. By doing that I accidentally kicked Wanda - who apparently was sleeping. I apologised to her and she told me it was fine and announced she was going to head to her room anyways.

So now it was just Myself, Bucky, Steve, and Natasha. The TV show flicked to a break as I stretched again - feeling exhausted from the flight home. Bucky's hand sat on my thigh as I cuddled into his side embracing his warmth.

Natasha and Steve are sitting on the sofa opposite with slightly move space between them as no one knows about them except me and Buck.

"So.. how has everyone been?" I say trying to make conversation. Tony perks up and makes his way to the couch plopping himself on the third couch, still fiddling with whatever that is.

"I'm tired" Steve huffs looking between us. I don't know why this is so awkward. We're literally family. After a short lived chat Tony stands up and goes to leave the room.

"Natasha and Steve, will you be sharing a room? Because I need a spare room for that spider kid." Tony asks casually. Both Steve's and Natasha's eyes shoot wide looking at him.

"Oh come on, I know everything. Except your answer so please- will you be sharing?" Tony impatiently asks again. Natasha briefly locks eyes with Steve coming to a silent agreement.

"Uhm- yeah... we will share." Steve clears his throat, feeling awkward from the conversation. Tony nods and leaves. I snort at this causing Natasha to send daggers my way and Bucky is quick to start chuckling too.

"I mean... anyone that is in proximity of you both can practically feel the sexual tension radiating in the air" I snort making Bucky to laugh with me. Natasha throws a pillow across the room at me only making me laugh more. I catch sight of her and Steve and notice they are trying to suppress their smiles.

It was nice to have a secret between the four of us. I wonder how long it will take for the others to find out. Hopefully they have more time hiding than me and Bucky did. Hiding can be exciting especially if it's something that makes you happy. Once we had all settled I lean back into my boyfriends side as he places an arm around my shoulder. We had ditched the TV show now and were just talking about anything that came to mind. Of course I wasn't going to let things flow that easy though.

"So are you using protection?" I ask straight faced, sipping on my water. Aware of Steve's face blasting red and Natasha's glare. Bucky punches my arm lightly also chuckling. To their luck Sam walks in shouting a unknown song. I don't have to know the song to know he was singing it completely out of key. He sends us a cheeky grin before plopping himself next to Natasha and wraps his arm around her shoulder in a jokingly, flirtatious manor. I watch Steve frown at this but he continues to keep his cool.  "What's up with you moody" Sam directs to Steve.