PART 28

Bucky held open the door as I wheeled my suitcase along the tiled entrance of Stark Tower.

home sweet home.

I pressed the button to the elevator and waited for the ding before having to move aside for the many people to step out leaving the lift empty for myself and Bucky. I step in and lean my head against the back wall feeling overall exhausted. Jet lag. Bucky is standing next to me doing the same with his eyes closed, breathing deep breaths.

"You know, they used to play music," I break the peaceful silence. Bucky lifts his head, opening his eyes.

"I bet it wasn't 40's." He comments making me snort and punch him lightly in the arm.

"Old man" I remark making him deeply chuckle.

The elevator came to a stop with an electric ding and the doors graunched open. We step out and head straight to our rooms. Well Bucky puts his suitcase in his room then comes to mine straight after.

Bucky laid back, propped up on his elbows watching me sluggishly unpack my own suitcase.

"You can do that later," he speaks from the bed.

"No it's fine, I'll just do this now then nap after," I sigh, tucking some loose hair behind my ear, out of the way. I see his figure move from the bed and I'm soon being lifted from under my arms and carried to the bed. He places my head on the pillow then lifts my legs so they're tucked under the duvet. Bucky kisses my forehead then walks round to the other side to crawl in with me and cuddle. Sleep immediately takes over my body as I feel his gentle touch pursue along my skin.

—————
I wake up after what feels like hours. My eyes open ajar when I don't feel the usual warmth of Bucky's body holding me. I sit up on my elbows and look around the room to see my now put away suitcase and a fresh outfit laid out on top of my dresser.

I get changed, discarding my dirty clothes in the washing basket, and try my best to tame my hair before exiting the room to find anyone.

Walking into the living space I spot Nat, Steve, Bucky, on the couch and Tony is standing at the nearby bar.

"Hey Y/N, how was the vacation?" Steve ponders, moving over so I can sit next to Bucky.

"It was great, I even got a tan look!" I smile pointing down at my bare legs and arms.

"Y/N can I speak to you in private please?" Natasha stands up giving me a tight smile.

I just furrow my eyes and nod slowly, following her out the room. She grabs my arm, directing me into the bathroom with her.

"Nat? What's this about.."

"Just promise me you won't get mad.." she stares into my eyes. I just nod once and she reaches into a cabinet and brings out a box of.. pregnancy tests?

"Are you serious right now!" I raise my voice slightly.

"Listen Y/N, when you called during your vacation you said you were sick in the morning. And I know that you and Bucky get at it.. a lot. I'm just looking out for you! Please just do a test, you might not be but.. please," I just stay staring at her in disbelief but hesitantly take the stick from her hands and pull down my shorts to pee.

Natasha occupies herself reading the box. I finish peeing on the stick and sharply place it on the counter and turn to wash my hands.

"What makes you think we don't use protection?" I cross my arms, still in a defensive state.

"You are both at it like animals before you even reach your room sometimes!" She laughs. I guess she has a point, I just turn my gaze to the test that has a faint line appearing.