PART 17

Y/N's POV

7AM. My head head laid on Bucky's chest as he snored softly. I stayed admiring his features until he began to shuffle in his sleep.

"Baby" I whisper. Bucky moves in his sleep again making a groan like a teenager. I shimmy up his body so my face is aligned with his and place gentle kisses around his cheeks making him groan again but open his eyes this time.

"Come on old man, we have a plane to catch" I slap his chest lightly about to get up. As I go to move off his chest his arms wrap around me pressing me to his chest.

"No. More cuddles." His voice is groggy from the sleep. I stifle a laugh and fight from his hold, standing on the cool, hardwood flooring. Looking down at his glossy eyes, I can't help but laugh at the point that sat on his lips.

"Come on soldier" I stretch out my arms to his to pull him up, out of bed. With some effort I eventually got him standing with me. I go up on my tippy toes and place a chaste kiss to his lips then leave to the bathroom and shutting the door.

I look in the mirror and by the looks of things, I had a good sleep. My hair is messy and my cheeks are a little puffy. Bucky must think I fight a war in my sleep.

"If I come out there and you're sleeping again I swear to go-" I'm cut off from a knock on the bathroom door. I cracked it open a little to see a dressed, smiling Bucky. How did he-

"Good morning, my love" he sends a toothy grin before pushing the door open more and grabbing his toothbrush.

"Bucky"

"Hm?" He hums as he now has a mouth full of frothy paste.

"How did you just get ready in 0.3 seconds?" I'm so confused.

He lets out a muffled laugh then spits into the sink before facing me.

"I like confusing you. Your face gets all contort. It's cute." He places his hand onto my jaw with a smug smile plastered on his lips.

"Get out. I'm getting ready." I try my best to act displeased.

"I'll time you" he cheekily adds before I kick his bum out the door making him hop a little. He's not even remotely funny.... That's a lie.

—————

10AM. Me, Bucky, and the Avengers are all making our way back onto Tony's private jet. From the atmosphere around us, you can tell no one wants to leave and end our vacation. But we signed up to protect the world so that we must do.

Inside the plane, many of the others made their way straight to the bedrooms on board to catch up on some sleep. Bucky and I sit on the sidelong, leather sofas side by side - not really caring about what anyone thinks now.

After take-off, the remainder of the Avengers that haven't went to rest fall in and out of easy conversations. Talking about how fun the vacation has been and it will need to happen again.

Bucky nudges my knee and points his head discreetly towards Peter who is not so secretly staring at us from the other side of the jet. I try not to laugh as Bucky's chest vibrates next to me showing that he is trying to do the same.

"I forgot he was the only one who doesn't know." I whisper to Bucky with a smile. He just laughs then places his large hand on my thigh making Peter gasp and dart his eyes around wondering if anyone else was seeing what he was seeing.

After some humorous teasing of Peter, he eventually doses off with some wiry earbuds in.

I look down at Bucky's phone and watch him struggle to work it. He's such a old man, irritably scrolling his thumb back and forth on the screen. I can't even begin to decipher what he is trying to do. I laugh and grab it out his hand, sitting up a little and smiling at him.

"What is it you're trying to do?" I simper.

"I wanted to take a photograph of us both." He announces. A photograph. Bless him. I don't even want to point out his mistake as he said it so innocently. And I'm not going to ruin my chance of getting a selfie with my boyfriend.

I turn the screen towards him and direct him through the device. I finally pull up the camera and hold the phone between us.

"Do you want to hold it or should I?" I ask.

"I'll do it." He takes the phone with a little snatch. Already annoyed at his defeat from the tiny object.

"You just hold it up so you can see us both on the screen then press the big round button.." I say then lean in closer to him with a smile.

He moves his thumb quickly and drops the phone but my assassin reflexes made me catch it.

"Shit" he gasps as I catch it. I quickly bring the phone to my other hand then punch him in the arm making him hiss.

"Watch your mouth, mister." I point my finger in his face like a mother telling their child off. He just stares then breaks out into a smile. This man. I swear.

"You're hot." He smiles.

"You're annoying." I roll my eyes before passing his phone back and crossing my arms.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheeks then brings the phone up again quickly snapping a picture- correctly this time.

"Buck- I look moody in that!" I try to shout quietly, not to catch the attention of anyone else. I try to reach for his phone to which he quickly recoils holding it further away and somehow forced me onto my back so he's hovering above me.

I huff as he stares at me with that same smirk. I can tell he has now tucked his phone into his back pocket - out of my reach. I will get him back later. His gaze stays on my face and I can't help but survey him back. His perfect face structure, lined lips, fluffy hair and those crystal eyes that make me feel at home.

"You're beautiful" I whisper.

"I was about to say the same thing about you." He wholeheartedly admits. Our faces slowly come together making my eyes flutter shut. Just as I felt his plump lips attach to mine-

"Woah! No baby-making on my plane Mr and Mrs Barnes." Tony loudly remarks, walking down the middle of the plane towards the toilet. Bucky rolls his eyes and hesitantly climbs back off me, letting me sit up. My face is probably beet red right now whereas Bucky's face is more pique.

We must have fell asleep after Tony continued to antagonise us both as Natasha shook me awake to tell me we were home.

Back to work I guess.