PART 23

The muffled rumble of music filled mine and Bucky's ears as we walk up the metal steps and through the heavy doors to be greeted with the richly lit open space. Immediate cheers and celebrations erupt as we step into the room making me smile. Bucky pinched my side lightly before leading us up more stairs to where our friends are sitting.

Sam is first to jump and envelope me in a bear hug lifting me off the floor a little making me giggle and slap his chest. Once my feet have fully reached the ground I am immediately embraced by Steve with a slightly more polite cuddle. Over his shoulder I see Bucky moving towards the sofa to take a seat. After some more cuddles and receiving small gifts or flowers from my friends I take a seat between Natasha and Wanda; opposite Bucky and Steve. I mirror Bucky's smile as we lock eyes for a moment before reaching forward to pour myself a drink.

There's a black marble table filling the space between the round couch, covered in a variety of different champagne bottles and burning liquor. I can already see myself getting shitfaced tonight. Music booms over the mission dollar sound system only enough for us to hear each other still.

Tony knows me too well. I'm grateful that this 'party' is only our friends. I'm not the most social person. Like sure, I have made friends with other agents in the years I have been a avenger but the ones around me now are all I want. They're my family.

"Alright," Sam rises from his seat with a slight wobble, "we need to spice things up a bit!" Tony clicks a few buttons on his watch and the music seems to tone down a little.

"What are you suggesting?" I ask, fully willing to participate now that I have alcohol flushing through my system.

"Truth or dare?" Sam suggests. There are a few sighs and disagreements. I know truth and dare is the most basic party game but it's always great fun. I notice everyone is looking at me, waiting for the birthday girl to decide.

"Let's play!" I beam.

The bottles on the table are moved to the side and a empty bear bottle is placed on its side. I guess we are spinning to decide who goes first. I stand to my feet and spin the bottle making it frantically whirl before coming to a stop. My eyes follow where the neck of the bottle is facing. Sam.

"Truth or dare, Sam?" I playfully challenge. He grins back at me, "Dare."

Almost immediately Wanda chirps in, "Show is the last picture in your camera roll," Sam seems to hesitate before reaching into his back pocket and tapping a few things on his phone. He visibly cringes before showing us his screen. It's a picture of himself from a lowered angle with the most confused look on his face. It must have been a accidental photo. We all erupt in laughter and rolls his eyes playfully. Once settled, Sam spins the bottle this time. When it comes to a stop it is facing Wanda.

She shrinks in her seat, "Truth!" Rhodes speaks up wanting to ask this time, "Do you have a crush on anyone in this room?" We are literally grown adults, playing Truth or Dare, and saying things like crush. I love this.

Wanda seems to scan the room before shrugging, "no, they're not in this room." Everyone seems shocked at her announcement but I give the company in the room a quick look and smile knowingly. Vision isn't here.

More drinks are ingested and the bottle is spun again. This time it lands on Tony. He sighs and sips his drink, "dare." I grin widely and decide to use my Birthday privileges to the extreme, "Book me a vacation." He looks at me like I'm crazy but to my surprise he nods his head. My jaw hangs lowly and I look at Bucky just to seem him chuckling.

"Keep playing I'm just going to the bathroom!" I announce standing from my seat and stumbling down the steps towards the dimly lit corridor. The alcohol has made my head fuzzy and my bladder feels as if it is going to explode. I left my heels upstairs, I can't remember taking them off but I do remember them suffocating my toes.