File: Crackhead Energy

Start from the beginning

Danny squinted at it

Danny squinted at it. "I think his hair's a little longer than that."

"That's what you-" Percy snatched the drawing away, stuffing it in his duffle bag and ignoring Wade's cries of "you're going to crinkle it!" He rolled his eyes, shouldering the bag. "Let's get a move on. JJ, you got a location or what?"

Jessica frowned in disgruntlement. "I got possible locations. The information was all fucky but I got it all narrowed down to seven places."

Luke tilted his head, eyebrows furrowing. "Isn't that too coincidental? I mean, there's seven of us right here."

"They couldn't have known that Percy would be here." Peter piped up from where he was sitting at Matt's quaint little dining table. "Even Percy didn't know."

"Maybe that's the point." Matt said, a hand on his chin as he thought. "If we go with the original number then there's six of us and seven locations. Jessica, what information did you get exactly from them?"

"They looked like they were working on something big and they kept calling each other over radios. Seemed like HYDRA and AIM were working together."

Deadpool looked over from where he was draped around Percy again. "Any word on who the big wigs might be?"

She shook her head. "No but I know there's at least two of them. I didn't get any names but they seemed to be afraid of them."

"I know this is what they want but I'm feeling a bit risky today," Percy spoke up, gesturing with one hand as if to better articulate his words. "So what if we all split up and go to each location at once?" When he saw their looks of hesitation, he rolled his eyes. "What, do you have any better ideas. JJ said that they seemed to be working on something big and that they kept calling each other. That means that whatever they were doing is all connected to each location. Even if we split up and we do get attacked, it's not like we're not all powerful in our own rights. We can hold our own. DP, I assume you know some people who can help us if we get into some shit?"

The mercenary nodded carefully from where his chin rested on the top of the demigod's head. "I have a few, yeah."

"I got some too!" Peter said happily, raising his hand proudly like he was in a classroom and it was show and tell.

Percy narrowed his eyes at him. "Are they legally able to vote?"

"Nope but they have crackhead energy!"

"I'll take it." He turned to the others. "Look, I know you are all for the whole," He made a gesture with his hand. "Team thing and, trust me, I am too but we can't risk piling all into one place only for them to pull some shit at another. Trust me, if this really is AIM and HYDRA, they will do something just like that. It's kind of their M.O."

Luke sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't like this but I agree with Percy. It's too much of a risk and he's right. We're all strong in our own right, we can hold our own until backup arrives."

Danny nodded. "Alright, let's do this then."

Jessica proceeded to give each individual their own location to check out and, though they didn't want to send Peter on his own, they had to admit that the teen was strong as all hell. They all split up once given their slip of paper- Matt's was in braille, how sweet- after Peter gave them all coms that he had stolen from Clint's room that one time he, Nico, and Percy were leaving on a quest.

"No one try and play hero." Percy growled over the com once they were all linked. "If you need backup, you call backup and you run."

"Aye, aye, sir!" Deadpool chirped from his line and the others' various forms of agreement soon followed.

--

When they all got to their specified locations, they were met with HYDRA and AIM agents swarming them. They were fairly easy to take out and there weren't that many of them, something that seemed almost purposeful.

"Oh, shit." Peter's voice came over the coms when he realized why that was the case. "Anyone else got a bomb at their place?"

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

words: 1,288

song: Clouds - NF

again, it's short on purpose! im hoping to make the next chapter extra long