Chapter 10: THE ARRIVAL

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You're awake," he says, his eyes still closed.

She thought he was asleep!

"Good morning, My Lord," she greets, moving to get off the bed. Stephan grabs her by the waist, resting his upper body on her back, his actions taking her by surprise.

"Where are you going?"

"Leaving to my chambers, since you have a long day ahead. I don't want to be a bother."

Stephan kisses her shoulder as she says this.

"How can I make it up to you?" he asks, completely ignoring her explanation.

"Pardon?" she turns a bit, meeting his charming blue eyes.

"I hurt you. Tell me how I can make it up to you."

Laila turns away, shaking her head, "I'm okay."

"Sweet Pea, tell me what you want...please"

For you to love me, she thinks to herself. "Just for you to not treat me like you did, these past few months."

He kisses her shoulder again, "Okay, Princess."

Laila nods, moving to get up, but Stephan's grip only tightens, "Where are you going?"

"I-I just told you that I-"

"Escort me to welcome my brother this afternoon"

WHAT?!
"What?"

"You didn't hear me the first time?"

"My Lord, Lady Mara is already supposed to escort you"

"Isn't that my choice to make?"

"I don't think it's wise for me-"

"I am not asking you," he flips her over, hovering on top of her, "I'm telling you that you're escorting me this afternoon."

This will only cause drama in the castle. It is clear Mara and a few others don't like her, and this will give others a reason to dislike her too. Would the king drop this topic if she explains the situation she is in?

No, the king might even make it worse, for this reason, she swallows hard before nodding at him. The King smiles, seeing her response. Again, Laila moves to leave the bed but Stephan sighs, pinning her to there, pressing his body against hers, his face only inches away.

"Why do you keep trying to leave?"

"I have to prepare since I was just informed I'm escorting you."

He buries his head in the crook of her neck, falling on his back, bringing her to lay on him.

"Not now...I want to rest."

What does that have to do with her?

***

"WHAT?!" Mara exclaims in anger, startling the maid in her chambers.

"What did you just say?!"

The maid wipes away the beads of sweat on her forehead before repeating the message, a guard had relayed to her earlier, "The king has said, he will be taking Laila as his escort instead of-"

The maid cuts herself off as the slap from her Lady catches her off guard, causing her to bend her head, holding her burning cheek.

"You dare relay such a message to me"

Through her tears, the poor girl replies, "F-for-forgive me, M-My Lady."

"GET OUT!"

Quickly, the girl's legs take her out of Mara's chambers, closing the door, leaving the woman to glare at her reflection in the mirror.

She's pretty sure, she calculated every step properly. This could only mean Georgi did not do her part.

"Imbecile," she mutters under her breath before proceeding to dress up. She's made up her mind that she WILL be escorting the king.

A knock is heard on Laila's door, as she is just finishing up. Sandra had been too excited about the king's change of heart and selected a beautiful dress for her.

"Thank you, Sandra," she says with a smile. Her hair is tied in a bun, with green hairpins that match the color of her dress. Heading to the door, she opens it to see Mara standing in front of her. Taking a deep breath, she acknowledges her presence, "Mara-"

"Please you whore, spare me all of the 'it's not my fault' details because you knew exactly what you did." Sighing, Laila comes out and closes her chamber doors right behind her, standing in front of her, so that her back is no longer to the door.

"I didn't ask -"

"Shut up," she says, harshly. Laila looks at Mara, seeing as her dark purple dress, and pins go well with her raven hair. She is certainly more beautiful and should really be the one welcoming King Xerxes, and Princess Saya.

Looking back up at Mara's angry face, she nods, "You should hurry before the king picks someone else."

Before Mara can reply, she walks back inside, closing her chamber doors, meeting Sandra's upset look. Giving her a reassuring smile, she says, "It's alright Sandra, she was supposed to go with him in the first place, it is all for my peace of mind. Besides, the celebrations are tomorrow, so I should make sure everything is in order."

Sandra watches, as Laila moves to sit down in front of her mirror, slowly removing her earrings. She realizes that her Lady has always faked her self-esteem. She is one that will never believe it, even if the whole world tells her she's beautiful. Her demoralizing thoughts have been drilled into her.

Boom! Someone barges into Laila's chambers. She could've sworn she told Mara to escort the king, what would someone want now?

"Mara I already-" The woman swallows her words when she sees King Stephan there, looking at her through the mirror. She turns around immediately, standing up, and bowing, "My Lord."

Stephan walks to her, lifting her chin so that her eyes will be on him. "What part of, you're escorting me today do you not understand?"

"Lady Mara-"

"I didn't ask about her. I said what part of my command this morning did you not understand?"

Laila shakes her head, trying to look down, but she can't due to his hold on her chin...he's clearly upset with her.

"Let's go," he turns around, heading out of her chambers. Laila grabs her earrings that she had just taken off, before going after the king.

Heading out of the castle doors, Laila sees a carriage that screams Moore material.

She immediately starts walking to the carriage, when Stephan does as well. The door to the wooden carrier opens, and out comes the man that looks so similar to the one standing by her side, except his thick black hair is longer, his face has no expression, his body is built slightly bigger, and his sense of style is certainly a complete contrast from Stephan's. His cold, yet attractive set of blue eyes set on his brother for a brief moment, before turning back to the carriage to help someone out.

"I really don't think it was necessary for me to come, Xerxes," a gentle yet feminine voice says before emerging from the carriage.

Her rich brown skin is the first thing that catches Laila's attention, before the protruding belly that the woman involuntarily rubs for a second. She finally looks up, pushing part of her thick kinky hair behind her ear...and Laila's brain is at a loss for words.

Her striking dark brown eyes and full lips complement her perfectly sculpted nose, not to mention the beautiful yellow dress that possesses patterns Laila has never seen in her life!

Finally, Laila's brain comes back only to let her know that the woman standing in front of her, Princess Saya of Laine, is a goddess.

SEE YOU TOMORROW!
Please comment your thoughts ❤️❤️