chapter 34: one to go

About 10 giant towers landed outside the protective dome around Wakanda. Vision started to get off the table.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone. Now,"

"Vision, get your ass back on the table," Nat said.

"We will hold them off," T'Challa said, walking past Steve.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell," Wanda nodded at Steve.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield," T'Challa pointed to Steve.

***

I walked with Steve, Nat, and T'Challa to the edge of the border.

"Where's your other friend?" Nat taunted.

"You will pay for his life with yours," The weird looking alien thing replied. "Thanos will have that stone,"

"Never gonna happen," I said confidently.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood,"

"We have blood to spare," She raised her sword and the towers behind her seemed to activate. We walked back over to Bucky, and the rest of our army.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly," The Wakandans started chanting in Wakandan. My heart was racing. It was do or die. Thanos's troops started running towards us.

"What the hell," Bucky said.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Nat replied sarcastically. They crashed into the border, and started trying to break through the barrier.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye said, surprised at the actions of the opposing battalion. The Wakandans formed a small shield in front of us. T'Challa chanted something and the Wakandans started shooting at the troops that had managed to break through the dome. Rhodey dropped a trail of bombs as he flew across, and the dome rippled as the bombs exploded.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision," Bruce said.

"Then we better keep them in front of us,"

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"We open the barrier," T'Challa answered. He put his finger to his ear.

"On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen," Someone replied to him. "On my signal," Steve readied his shields, Bucky cocked his gun, and I stretched.

"WAKANDA FOREVER!" T'Challa shouted, and we all started running towards Thanos's army. The barrier opened slightly, and Thanos's army flooded into Wakanda. I ran at the same pace between Steve and T'Challa. We jumped across a river, and started fighting. I punched and pushed the army. I kept running across Wakanda, and shooting jets of energy towards big groups of the army. I kicked one of the troops off Bucky, who was slicing it vigorously with a knife.

"Thanks," He said as I helped him up.

"There's too many of them!" Bruce exclaimed. A rainbow beam hit the ground from the sky, and something came out of it emitting lightning bolts. It flew across Wakanda, slicing through Thanos's troops. It went back to the rainbow beam, which disappeared, revealing Thor, along with a small tree and a raccoon. Bruce lowered the helmet of the Hulkbuster armour.

"Hah! You guys are so screwed now!"

"Bring...me...THANOS!" Thor shouted. He jumped and slammed his axe/hammer onto the ground, creating a small earthquake of lightning.