chapter 33: we're the avengers, man

Somewhere in space...

Tony Stark and Stephen Strange stood watching where they were going to land. They, along with Peter Parker, had been abducted by one of Thanos's adoptive sons, Ebony Maw.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked, walking over to them.

"I... think we're here," Stephen answered.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony said before walking over to the handling mechanics and putting his hand inside a steering gimbal.

"Get your hand inside a steering gimbal. Close those around it," He said to Peter, who followed orders. Peter was like the son Tony never had. Tony had recruited Peter for the fight in Berlin. He had given him his first proper suit, and made an improved Iron Spider suit, which he was wearing.

"You understand?"

"Yep, got it,"

"This was made for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time,"

"Okay, okay, okay, ready," The two steered the ship into the atmosphere of Titan.

"We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!" Peter exclaimed. They didn't turn. Tony and Peter activated their helmets, and Stephen created a shield around them as they crashed into the ground.

"You all right?" Stephen asked, helping Tony up.

"That was close," Tony said, standing up, and Peter descended from the ceiling.

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry,"

"I do not want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Tony said, telling Peter off.

"I'm trying to say that something is coming," A grenade rolled over to them and exploded.

"THANOS!" Drax shouted, and threw a knife at Stephen who blocked it with his magic. Drax started screaming and Stephen threw his cloak of levitation at him. Peter Quill, aka Star Lord, started flying and shooting at Stephen. Tony matched his aerial ability and shot a missile at him. Mantis crouched over Peter, who started crawling backwards.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Please don't put your eggs in me!" He webbed Mantis's hands to her body, and Quill kicked him down.

"Stay down, clown," 

Tony placed his foot on Drax's chest, and Quill placed his blaster against Peter's head.

"Everybody stay where you are. Chill the F out," Quill commanded, before deactivating his helmet. He pointed his blaster at Tony.

"I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where is Gamora?"

"Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" Tony said as his helmet disappeared.

"I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?" Drax asked from beneath Tony.

"Tell me where the girl is or I swear to you I'm gonna French fry this little freak," Quill threatened, returning his blaster to Peter's head.

"Let's do it. You shoot my guy and I'll blast him. Let's go!" Tony squared up and pointed his other repulsor to Drax's head.

"Do it, Quill! I can take it,"

"No, he can't take it!" Mantis shouted, waddling over to them.

"She's right, you can't take it," Stephen said.

"Oh yeah, you don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself,"

"Wait, what, Thanos? All right, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?" Stephen asked.

"What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say, Jesus?" Tony rolled his eyes.

"You're from Earth,"

"I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri,"

"Yeah, that's on Earth, dipshit. What are you hassling us for?" Tony asked.

"So you're not with Thanos?" Peter asked.

"With Thanos? No, I'm here to kill Thanos. He took my girl. Wait, who are you?" Quill asked, loosening his grip on Peter.

"We're The Avengers, man,"

***

Your PoV

Sam started flying the quinjet into a forest, but the forest disappeared and became a lake on the edge of civilization.

"So, this is Wakanda?" I said as Sam landed. We got out of the jet and were greeted by a welcoming committee.

"Should we bow?" Bruce whispered to me whilst putting his jacket on.

"Yeah, he's royalty," Bruce bowed. "What are you doing?"

"We don't do that here," T'Challa said, and Bruce looked at me, and I had to try not to laugh.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa asked as we walked inside. Bruce started scurrying to the front.

"Uh, sir, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault,"

"How we looking?" Nat asked.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, The Dora Milaje, and..."

"And a semi stable 100 year old man," Bucky said sarcastically, walking over to us.

I helped place Vision on a stretcher of some sort so that T'Challa's sister, Shuri, could do a scan. I took Wanda aside, and made sure no-one could hear us. I hugged her again, tightly.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"I've missed you so much," She kissed me, and made a funny face.

"The beard, I don't like it,"

"Why?"

"It hides too much of your handsome face," I kissed her again.

"I've been thinking, Wanda. We've spent too long apart," I took her hand in my own.

"After this shit with Thanos is over, do you want to find somewhere to live? Together," I asked. She had a big smile on her face, and she threw her arms around my neck.

"Of course!" She kissed me again, and we returned to the group. Okoye rolled something into her hand, and a hologram of Earth appeared.

"Something just entered the atmosphere,"