chapter 16: hey, Seoul sister

The sun had set. The sky was black. Nick Fury had somehow found us, and was with us in Clint's house.

"Alright Fury. Fury? What are you doing here?" I asked, as I came down the stairs.

"Agent Hill told me you guys suffered a defeat to Ultron,"

"Well, she wasn't lying," I sat next to Nat at the dinner table.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury explained.

"What about Ultron himself?" Cap asked.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though,"

"Is he still looking for nuclear codes?" I asked.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway," Fury answered, cutting something up.

"I cracked the pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony said, and they started talking over each other. Fury gave a speech about how we were The Avengers, and how we had our wit.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Nat taunted.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve," Everyone looked at Bruce funnily. He was looking at an art piece of a butterfly by one of Clint's kids.

"Ultron's going to evolve. Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

"Where would she be?"

"Back in Seoul probably," Bruce answered.

"Suit up, everybody," Steve said, standing up, and everyone started moving about.

"Barton, you got my suit?"

"It's still wet,"

"I'll do a few laps of the house, let it air dry,"

We all suited up, and my suit was still a little bit damp, but it was bearable.

"I'll take (Y/N), Natasha, and Clint," Steve said, as I walked into the room with him and Tony.

"All right. Strictly recon. I'll take the Nexus. I'll join you as soon as I can,"

"If Ultron's building a body, he'll be stronger than most of us," I said.

"Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot," Tony added.

"You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science created was me," Steve joked.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. You mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury asked, putting a jacket on.

"She's all yours. Apparently," Tony answered.

"What's your plan?" I asked.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope,"

Seoul

"There, It's a truck from the lab. Right above you Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got three with the cradle, one in the cab. I could take care of the driver," Clint explained.

"Negative. That truck crashes, that gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron,"

"I can give chase," I said. "Wait, no. I'd be running too slow. They'd notice me," There was a thud from Cap's side.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way,"

"You're not a match for him, Cap,"

"Thanks, Barton," Clint flew the jet through Seoul for a bit, before opening the hatch.

"We got a window. Four..." I jumped out of the jet and skydived down, landing almost instantly. I ran towards the truck, and attempted to pick Cap's shield which he had dropped. I ended up pushing it further down the road.

"Better luck next time," I said to myself.

"Alright, where's the truck?" I asked. I turned a corner, and saw Nat slide under the truck. "There's the truck," I grabbed the shield from Nat and jumped up to the truck. I threw the shield at Ultron, and Cap caught the rebound. Ultron lifted a piece of the road up, which I jumped off, up to the highway above. I ran along the railing watching Cap fight Ultron. I slowed down, and once the truck was in front of me, I ran into the truck and started fighting Ultron's sentries. After a while, the sentries ignored me, and flew out of the truck.

"His sentries have left me," I said.

"Yea, they're on me now," Clint replied. I looked into the cradle, and saw the outline of the body that Ultron had been creating. Something knocked the truck, and I tumbled out the back of it. I saw Cap, and Ultron go flying down into a train below us. I jumped down into the train and punched the back of Ultron's head, but he flung me aside with his arm.

"Kid, get rid of the civilians,"

"Just like Roanemouth all over again," I took some people to the carriage behind us. Once I cleared the carriage, I started fighting Ultron alongside Cap. Ultron got pushed off us by something fast, and some railings, producing a red aura, blocked Ultron's path. I turned around and saw Wanda Maximoff standing in the doorway, and smiled to myself.

"Please, don't do this," Ultron said.

"What choice do we have," Wanda replied, still kind of aggressive. Ultron shot an energy beam past Pietro, and flew out of the train. The train started crashing through the city.

"Pietro, we'll clear the path of civilians. Wanda, can you stop this thing?" She nodded at me. "Sorry, you're the boss," I said to Cap.

"Yeah, do that," I fist bumped Pietro, and we both ran out of the train, taking civilians to safety.

"Wow, this really is like Roanemouth all over again," The train came to a halt, and I got back on the train. I met with Wanda in a carriage.

"So, what made you see sense?" I asked, rubbing some sweat off my forehead.

"What you said on the boat. And I saw Ultron's endgame plan," She explained. Her accent was so nice to listen to.

"Yeah, global destruction never tends to be good," We walked off the train, and Wanda walked over Pietro.

"I'm fine. Give me a minute," He said.

"You were good, Quicksilver," He looked at me confused, panting heavily.

"Well, you're quick, and you have silver hair. It makes sense,"

"I'm very tempted not to give you that minute," Cap said seriously.

"The cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda asked.

"Stark will take care of it," Wanda started shaking her head.

"No, he won't,"

"You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy,"

"He will do anything to make things right," Steve walked away, and tried getting through to anyone on comms.

"Wanda, Tony doesn't deal weapons anymore. He hasn't for about 7 years now," She looked at me very seriously. She seemed annoyed that I had brought up Stark and weapons, considering that she had been orphaned due to a Stark Industries missile. I walked over to Steve.

"Where's Tash?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world, and destroying it," Wanda said. "Where do you think he gets that?" I walked over to Pietro, and helped him up.

"(Y/N) (L/N),"

"We know who you are," Pietro remarked, causing me to smile to myself.

"Right, I know you hate The Avengers, Stark the most. But, if we're gonna take Ultron down, together, can we at least be civil?" I asked. Wanda and Pietro both looked at me seriously.

"No promises," Pietro said, smirking at me.