chapter 6: shakespeare in the park

Your pov

"Are you sure you don't want me to go down?" I asked Natasha.

"Yes, Steve has this covered,"

"It doesn't look like it," I said, as I watched Loki and Steve fight. Iron Man came swooping down into the fight, and brought Loki aboard the quinjet. He removed his helmet and looked at me.

"This isn't a school trip. Who's the kid?" I stood up and held my hand out.

"(Y/N) (L/N), Mr Stark. I can run fast," He shook my hand.

"You're British?"

"Why is that so shocking?," I asked rhetorically.

Our flight back to the helicarrier was long, and fairly quiet.

"What's your thing, pilates?" Tony asked Steve.

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things. You know, doing time as a capsicle," I snickered louder than I should've. Steve looked at me seriously, then back at Tony.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," There was a loud rumble, followed by a few strikes of lightning.

"Where's all this coming from?" I asked. Loki shifted about in his seat, which caught the attention of Steve.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," And at that moment, something landed on the jet, causing it to shake about a bit.

"Okay. What the hell is happening, Loki?" I asked. He smirked at me

"You'll see," 

Tony put his helmet on and opened the rear hatch. A viking looking man, landed on the hatch and walked into the jet. Tony held his arm out, but the viking threw a hammer at Tony. I ran to catch the hammer, but it pushed myself and Tony backwards. Is that Thor? I thought to myself as I stood up. The viking, who I assumed to be Thor, grabbed Loki by the neck and flew away with him.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asked.

"That guy's a friendly?" Steve asked.

"It doesn't matter. If he gets away with Loki, or kills him, the tesseract is gone," I explained, and Tony nodded. He moved towards the hatch.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack,"

"I have a plan. Attack," He flew out of the jet, and Cap grabbed a parachute.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha said, flipping some switches

"I don't see how I can," He replied, fastening his parachute.

"These guys come from Legend. They're basically gods," Natasha explained.

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that," He picked his shield up, and jumped out of the jet. I stood up.

"It'd be rude not to," I said, as I reached for a parachute.

"No, no, no, you're a kid," Natasha said.

"Tasha, is it alright if I call you Tasha? Fury called on me for a reason. I'm going,"

"No. You could die. We don't want that, but yeah, you can call me Tasha if you want,"

"So could Steve, and Tony, and Loki," I sighed as she ignored me. "Fine," I sat back down.

Third person pov (im including this cene because it's the title, and i love the scene)

Iron Man flew into Thor, and dragged him into a clearing.

"Do not touch me again," Thor said, annoyed at Tony.

"Then don't take my stuff,"

"You have no idea what you're dealing with," Tony stepped back, and looked around.

"Uh, Shakespeare in the park? Doth Mother know you weareth her drapes?" Tony taunted.

"This is beyond you, metal man,"

Loki watched from above as the two men fought. They threw each other into trees, and punched each other. Thor brought Mjolnir to his hand, and pointed it to the sky. A thunderbolt struck the hammer, and Thor pointed it at Tony. The thunderbolt redirected itself to Tony, sending him flying backwards.

"Power at 400% capacity," Tony's A.I, JARVIS, said.

"How about that," Tony sent a beam of energy out of his arc reactor, and Thor flew across the forest.

Your pov

Later, on the helicarrier...

We sat at a table. Thor, and Iron Man had decided to join us. Natasha, and I were watching the camera footage of Loki being put in his cage. Fury was explaining stuff to him, but Loki was talking to us.

"A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" He asked Fury.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with a war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate," Fury replied sternly. The camera footage stopped, and Bruce started pacing.

"So, why has such a young child been called upon?" Thor asked, walking over to me.

"You want something to eat? Chocolate bar or anything?" Thor squinted at me. "No? Okay, I'll be 5 seconds," I ran out of the room, and came back with a granola bar.

"You run fast," I nodded at him.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Cap asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the tesseract," Thor explained.

"An army. From outer space,"

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs the scientist for. But what does he need Katniss Everdeen for?" I said.

"Scientist?" Thor asked.

"Erik Selvig," Bruce answered.

"He's a friend," Thor said, causing a few of us to give him a weird look.

"Loki has him under some sort of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha explained.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him,"

"Woah, lads. One question at a time," I said. I started thinking about why Loki would've needed Barton as well as Selvig. Tony entered, and started talking about Iridium, and why Loki needs it.

"Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony said, after explaining everything, and I nodded at him. Tony and Bruce started talking to each other about science, and I lost interest.