Chapter 46

Lalisa Manoban|

I was calling my brother the whole time pero di niya sinasagot yung phone. Maybe, Somi can kaya tinatawagan ko siya ngayon habang nasa cafe.

(Phone call)

ME: Hello, Somi?
SOMI: Yes? Napatawag ka?
ME: Where's Bam?
SOMI: Bam? Uhh, he's at work.
ME: Where? He's not answering my calls. Where are you?
SOMI: At the site? I mean, somewhere.

I raise a brow.

ME: Are you with him?
SOMI: Y- No. Ahh, He's at work.
ME: Okay? Can y-
...: Hi. How was it?

My eyes widen the moment I heard a familiar voice.

ME: Hey! Was that Jennie? What is she doing there? Where are you really?
SOMI: Ahh, hehe. Lisa that wasn't Jennie okay? That was just our, uhmm. Boss! Yes.
ME: Are you sure?
SOMI: Yes. I'll tell Bam you called. Bye.

The call ended.

"What was that?" I asked then call Irene's number.

(Phone call)

ME: Irene. Where's Jennie?
IRENE: She's sleeping.
ME: Where are you? What's with the noise?
IRENE: Ahhm, condo. Just watching tv. Are you coming home?
ME: No. I'm just checking her. I have to talk to Seulgi now. Thank you.

I ended the call when I saw Seulgi coming towards me.

"Kang. Have a seat." She smile then sat.

"Here. That was all the important papers you need including the title of the land." She said giving me the papers.

"How fast." I said, then checked all the papers and the permits.

"Yes. Money can make it faster, Lis. What's your plan after?" She asked.

"Did you find people to work?" I asked, she nodded.

"Yes. The land owner offered me her workers there. I already talked to them, and I think they're good." She said.

"Hm. I trust you with that. What about the Architect?" I asked.

"Oh, ah.. The land owner has an Architect, but it's better if you both talk to each other personally." She said.

"Where can I talk to that Architect?" I asked.

"We can see her now, if you want." I look at her.

"Hm, okay. You have her number?" I asked, she nodded then took her phone.

"I'll just call her." She said, I nodded then back on the papers.

I need to talk to mom about this. I still don't have enough money, but I really wanna do this for Jennie.

At least, I can fulfill one of her dream home, and that will be our home.

"Lis. She's coming." I look at Seulgi unpuzzled.

"Hm? She's here?" She chuckle.

"I said, she's coming. Where exactly are your thoughts now?" She asked.

"Well, I'm thinking about marrying, Jennie after giving birth to our first child." I said, she widen her eyes.

"Really?! I'm happy then! You know she'll be so happy hearing that, Lis. What about the preparations? You think you can do all this? I mean, the new resta, your gift for her, and-

"Come on, Kang. Mag po-propose pa naman eh." Sabi ko at natawa naman siya.

"Bahala na. Just tell me and Irene so we could help okay?" I smile.