Family recepies

A bit of a vent/rant

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"I talked to your cousin today and she told that they went to buy gran some food. Gran couldn't even remember that we've bought her those ready meals. She didn't even contact anyone to say she ran out of money. I don't know what to do with her anymore." Your mom told you over the phone. Hearing about your grandma made you sad and hopeless. You were bit angry because of her mental state, but then again she couldn't help it.

"What about an elderly home..?"

"I've thought about that, but then there's her cottage. Neither your cousins or your sister can take it. It's too big of an investment and we don't want to lose it."

"Yeah. Helen doesn't even desrve to have anything from gran."

"She is her daughter so she entitled to inheritance."

"Why can't she write Helen out? It's not like Helen has done anything but leech off of her. I don't believe she cares too much about gran."

"Don't be so narrow minded. It's not that simple. Anyways, we're having family party next week for the different celebrations we've missed."

"Like?"

"Housewarmings and kids being born."

"Do I bake something?"

"You could bring a cream cake and the ruhbarb-coconut pie. Your cousin is making a cheesecake."

"Ok. I gotta go now.''

"I'll talk to you later then. Bye."

"Yeah, bye."

You hung up and started to cry. It wasn't fair. Nothing's fair. You took a deep breath, wiped your tears and started to look for the ruhbarb-coconut pie recepie. It wasn't in your room. You went to the kitchen and looked everywhere.

"Hey, Mudz?"

"Yes?"

"Have you seen my notebook? It was really thick and filled with my recepies."

"I don't recall."

"Blue and green covers and had loose papers in it."

"Oh, yeah that. I threw it away."

Something snapped in your heart.

"You what..?"

"I thought it was faceache's, so I threw it away."

You started to feel panic wash over you.

"Do you realize what you've done?!"

He looked at you wide eyed.

"YOU'VE GONE AND TOUCHED MY STUFF, YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO ASK ABOUT IT AND NOW I LOST EVERYTHING I HAVE OF MY GRANDMA!" Your face was heated, heart was going crazy and tears started to rush down your cheeks.

"I didn't realize it was that important or yours."

"YOU FILTHY BITCH! IT WAS FILLED WITH YEARS OF RECEPIES AND MOST OF THEM WERE MY GRANDMA'S OWN!"

You launched at him starting to hit and punch him. He over powered you in no time and held you in his arms.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU! I FUCKING... Hate you..!" You sobbed into Murdoc's chest.

"I know."

°°°°°°°°°Time skip to next day°°°°°°°°

You were feeling depressed about your grandma and about losing your notebook. You didn't feel like seeing anyone, so you stayed in your room trying to write down every recepie you could remember to recreate the lost book. There was a faint knock on the door.

"What...?"

"Can I come in?" It was Murdoc.

"Why?"

"I need to give you something."

"What?"

"Just let me in."

You groaned and let him in.

"Now, what is it?"

He gives you a present.

"I felt really shit about what happened and I tried really hard with this."

It felt like a heavy book so you suspected it was a new replacement.

"Open it. I hope it makes you feel better."

You sat on your bed and carefully unwrapped it. Your eyes widened.

"You didn't...."

"Spent the whole time going through bag after bag trying to find it. I'm not sure if it has everything." He rubbed his neck.

You checked that it had every lose paper, and it did. You started to cry again and hugged Murdoc.

"Thank you!" He hugged you back.

"It's nothing."

"You really stink, Mudz." You sniffled and laughed.

"It's worth it."