Curiosity

You had been dating your boyfriend for almost 2 years. One day you were watching a show which you related to a lot. One episode dealt with inner voices and being true to yourself.

"Oh, darling, I just love you so. But you confuse me so much and I don't know what to think or do." The lead actress said.

"Then let me think for you." The other female character kissed the lead actress.

Something about this scene sparked a light in you. It made you question yourself. You started obsessing about this feeling for weeks with no end. It felt like you were a fraud and like you were dumb for thinking that you could be interested in same sex.

Until you saw her. The beautiful asian girl on the local club's dance floor. Your face felt like a sauna and her beauty almost brought tears to your eyes. You never looked at people, especially women, like this before. So why was this so different now? Wanting to talk to her and trying to get over anxiety, you ordered few rounds of shots. When a new song came on, you walked up to her.

"H-hi. I saw you dance and thought you were pretty good." You rubbed your arm. She gave you a kind grin. It made your heart flutter and skip few beats.

"Thanks! What's your name?"

"Y/n"

"I'm Noodle."

"Would you like a drink? It's on me."

"That'd be nice."

You went back to the bar and sat on the stools. Noodle got a Mai Tai and you got a Singapore Sling. You were nervous at first but Noodle made you feel ok. It was a great time being with her really.

Drink after drink you became more jollyer than normal. You went from one topic to another, 'till you landed on sexuality.

"You know, Noodle..." You slurred most of the things you said. "I've been wanting to kiss a girl for a while and I think you're great."

"You're great too." Her face became serious suddenly. "Do you want to try it?"

"Try what?"

"Kissing a girl."

You were taken by surprise by this, face becoming reder than ever before.

"I..uh.. I mean if you're fine with it."

She smiled and pulled you in. She was gentle yet she meant it. You kissed her back.

"Wow.." was the only thing you could mutter after you pulled away.

"Was it anything you expected?"

"Better."

She had a huge grin and kissed you again. It was better than your boyfriend's. These were way more meaningful and it felt more natural.

"I think I really like girls."