•Chapter- 15•

"You seriously spent three years, eating all this junk!?" I asked in shock and amusement as I saw his cart filled with very few vegetables and more noodles and ramen and bread

I and Ivaan came out to the grocery store, Myrna's. I was running out of my groceries and even he had to shop some, so we thought why not go together.

"Hey! Don't judge me! I only know a little about cooking. I did try cooking once and a lot of smoke came out and I gave up" he said and I nodded.

"I remember this one time when smoke was coming out from your kitchen and Sanket came up to your apartment to see it. I was coming home from work then" I said and he gave me a sheepish smile and turned around.

I bit my lip trying to not smile at him.

Ivaan and I became much closer friends since he asked me to be his friend three weeks ago. Time passed so quickly that I can't believe it's already been three weeks.

But then again, I guess the pandemic does that to you! The entire 2020 passed by in a blur, it felt like, I had no control over my life and it's just passing by, right in front of my eyes.

It's such a helpless feeling actually, to not have control over your life. To feel as if you are just floating in the air with no support.

And I am glad 2020 ended because at least by 2021, we are much more resilient and are learning how to keep our lives steady.

These three weeks have been so amazing. Getting to know him, getting a huge glimpse of his life. It's good. It feels good.

The Apte's are now Covid negative, though they are facing some post-Covid complications. They are fine now and we all are slowly coming out of the building.

Kids are also playing freely in the park near the building.

"Hello dear!" Myrna's voice reached my ears and I turned around to see her.

When we came in, she and Manan were out to get something and so I couldn't say hello.

"Hi, Myrna!" I said hugging her for a second and pulling back.

"It's been so long and you look gorgeous in this!" She said referring to the light green dress and white sweater I wore on top.

"Well! Apte's? You know them right? They caught COVID and we are advised not to get out. Thank god! I took all necessary groceries the last time I came here" I said and she nodded her head.

"I did hear about them! I also heard you sent them lunch till they recovered! You are such a sweetheart!" She said and smiled at me through her mask.