•Chapter- 25•

(Please have a look at the author's note after you finish reading! Enjoy guys!)

"Ivaan! I made breakfast! Come out fast!" I yelled as I flipped the French toast and put it on the plate. I then arranged the plate on the table with some coffee for him.

I also brought my breakfast by the time Ivaan came out and settled down.

"God! This is delicious!" Ivaan moaned and fuck if it didn't send vibrations straight to my pussy.

"Don't moan!" I grumbled to myself but my man heard it.

"Why? Is it making you all tingly?" He asked smirking and I gave him a stink eye. Then an idea popped into my mind and I gave him a smirk and a teasing smile.

I put the toast in my mouth taking a slow bite and started my acting.

"Mmmmm....oh my god! Ivaan! This is sooooooooo tasty!" I moaned loudly and Ivaan's eyes went wide at my act.

"Fuck! This feels so good!!" I said taking a sip of coffee and he literally adjusted his pants right in front of me.

He narrowed his eyes at my smug smile and got up after completing his breakfast.

He came to me and trapped me between the table and him.

"If only I didn't have to go to the office today, I would have torn your clothes right here and would've fucked you into oblivion. I would've spanked your naughty ass until it is bright red and then I would've fucked you hard and rough" Ivaan whispered in my ear and I clenched my thighs together and rubbed them to relieve the dampness in my core.

Ivaan smirked seeing that and I poked my tongue out at him whereas he just laughed.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked him as I got up and put my hands around his neck

"I kind of have to sweetheart. I really don't want to given the situations outside but, it's urgent I attend this" he said and pulled me closer by my waist.

I sighed not wanting to let him go but still letting him go. Ivaan's boss asked him to come to their office today as there is a very important and confidential meeting, they can't do online. So Ivaan has to go. I don't want him to go but I can't keep him from work too. He even went yesterday to the office. Apparently, they have to finalize something today, and then he can stay home from tomorrow thankfully.

Ivaan got his much-wanted promotion and he has been working hard ever since. It's been a week since we went to my parent's house and two days back Ivaan got his promotion. I am so proud of him and he is the best in his field. We also had our own private party where Ivaan literally used me as his promotion gift.

It was a good use though! A very good one.

Though everything is going well and well.......one thing that bugs me is how he doesn't open up about his family. I tried to include them in our talks but he dodges it. I left it at that after a few tries because.....as someone who went through stuff, I know the value of opening up.

You need a lot of mental energy to open up. People often wonder why someone can't open up to someone if they love them and care about them. Despite loving someone and trusting them, the weightage of a trauma or incident is heavy. And not necessarily everyone opens up about it just because their loved one wants them to.

I wish people understand that because then a lot of relationships will become more secure. Demand for closure and explanation. Demand because you have a right on your loved one. But don't demand them to open up until you deem absolutely necessary because it's not easy. Not for everyone.

I heard my phone ringing while I am typing out something and looked at it to see it's Ali.

"Hey Soon to be Momma! How are you!?" I chirped and she grumbled.

"I would be fine if my husband gets me some raw mangoes!" She said and I laughed.

"You do know Rishit is doing everything he can during this pandemic right?" I asked and she grumbled even more.

"I know!!! It's just!!! My hormones are eating the living shits of me!!" Whatever she just said didn't make sense but then again....she is pregnant so I need to tread carefully.

"Anyways! How are you?! How is our hot neighbor doing!?" She asked and I rolled my eyes smiling.

"You are never going to stop calling him that, are you?" I asked and she laughed.

"Nope! It's fun! And his reaction to it is even more fun!" She said and it's true. They both met through a video call and we'll let's just say Ivaan was shocked at her nickname for him. Though it inflates his ego, he thinks of it as a stupid stereotypical nickname.

"Anyways! He went to the office for an urgent meeting and he will be back by evening most probably" I said and she got concerned.

"Zaar, I heard cases are so extreme in Mumbai. Please take care of both of you and stay safe and take all the precautions okay?" She is right. Cases are increasing rapidly and it's getting very scary. When will this all end?!

"I know bubb! We will take care and you too okay? Especially now, you should be more careful. Did you take your meds for the morning?" I asked her as I cleaned the dishes.

"I did! This Rishit will eat my brain if I don't! It's like he doesn't love me any longer! He loves the baby more!" She whined and I laughed.

"You and I both know that Rishit is head over heels for you even after all these years! I mean come on! If he could put up with you for an hour at the least, he can damn sure put up with you for the rest of his life!" I said and she growled at me. Or tried to!

I laughed at her and then we talked for a bit before hanging up.

The whole day went with me completing my work and waiting for Ivaan. He just texted me in the afternoon that he had lunch and is going back to the meeting. But, I didn't know when he is gonna come back.

"It's already 6 pm and he still isn't back. He did say he will be back by 5 right?" I questioned myself and looked at the clock.

Just then I got a call from Ivaan and I rushed to pick it up.

Little did I know, that one call from him would make everything chaotic and scary.

Hello lovely readers! Here is a suspenseful update for you all! I apologize for not updating yesterday! I was so tired that I couldn't write anything but I will for sure won't keep any gaps now as my internship is over and your author is free of classes for a while! I also read all your comments but couldn't reply because of my tiredness! But thank you all for such amazing words guys! You are the best!!! Zaara and Ivaan are going strong but what do you think could be the suspense? Did something happen? Did someone do something? Let's see!

I also want to say that the story might end in a few chapters...I don't know in how many chapters...but soon. I am bummed to say this because I just felt so breezy writing the story till now without any direction or planning but now I also have to look at the plot clearly. But thank you so much for being patient and waiting for the updates and supporting me guys!

Stay tuned for the coming updates!❤️