•Chapter- 9•

The next day morning I woke up groggy as I didn't sleep much yesterday night

The next day morning I woke up groggy as I didn't sleep much yesterday night. I have a habit of waking up in the middle of the night for no reason sometimes. It happens sometimes when am very tired or sometimes when I just don't feel sleepy.

I don't know why but I woke up in the middle of the night and I read a story on Wattpad and dozed off while reading it.

I woke up now at 9.00 feeling a little disoriented and stood up going to the bathroom to go have a shower and brush my teeth.

I wore a sky blue top with bell hands and grey shorts which reach above my mid-thigh. I kept my hair up in a messy bun and went to make myself breakfast.

I am a big fan of dressing comfortably rather than meeting others' expectations. I mean not like I wear nothing lol. I just wear clothes which cover my body and which I feel comfortable and myself in.

And since I am at home and nobody usually visits, I wear shorts or gowns. I prefer gowns or shorts because they are extremely comfortable. Sometimes I also wear nighties and roam around as I live alone and I know nobody visits me surprisingly. It only happens when Alisha comes over. And if someone else comes I have the peephole, though my stupid self doesn't remember to look through it.

I put together some serial and some coffee as I was too lazy to make anything else. But the time I finished and sat down thinking of what to do today morning and planning to call Jaria, I heard my doorbell ring.

I was surprised as I wasn't expecting anybody and wondering who is there.

I went and saw through the peephole, this time remembering and was shocked to see it's Mr. Kashyap.

He was just looking around and looking at his watch as he rang the bell again.

I took a deep breath and opened the door only to be greeted by his small smile.

"Good morning Ms. Mehta. I hope I am not disturbing you?" He greeted me and I shook my head with a smile.

"No, you aren't, and good morning to you too. I hope you are okay now? You sort of vanished" I said and he sighed.

"I apologize for keeping your boxes at the door and leaving. I got a call from my father saying that my mother has been having some symptoms of COVID and I went there. But turns out she is having false symptoms. It's common flu" he said and I got worried for a second.

"Oh my god! Is she okay? Did you guys get a test done? You already did! But just tell her to be careful! I mean! Sometimes these things are being asymptomatic too! I mean I know you know it but then I am just saying. Also, tell her to sanitize and stay isolated for a bit so she will be fine and even your father. Also..." I but my lip stopping myself from blabbering as I looked at him. He is clearly very amused and he smirked as my cheeks flamed.

"I...I... am sorry I was rambling" I said embarrassed chuckled.

I drew my thighs together because his chuckle...of ....the sound....it was deep. I mean I heard many deep voices from guys which could turn any girl on. But I liked the sound of his chuckle. He looks more handsome the more he smiles.

"It's absolutely fine and apparently my father got a test done last week and we again got one done yesterday. She is fine. That's why I came back. But thank you Ms. Mehta" he said and I smiled.

We didn't say anything and he scratched the back of his neck looking up at me but that's when I saw his eyes trail down my figure.

His eyes raked over me and I inhaled a bit as I saw his eyes darkening. I didn't know what was happening but I knew that his stare is not innocent. Surprisingly it didn't make me feel uncomfortable. And the fact that his arms were bulging through his shirt which stuck to him and I can see the outline of his abs. It's not helping much!

I cleared my throat and that's when his eyes snapped up to mine.

"I....wanted....to invite you for dinner?" He asked hesitantly and my eyes bulged out.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"You took care of me, Ms. Mehta. And I want to thank you for that and also apologize for going off like that without informing you especially when you were concerned about me. So please let me treat you to dinner?" He said and I gulped.

"It really isn't necessary Mr. Kashyap. I wanted to help you. I don't want anything in return" I said and he shook his head.

"Please I insist Ms. Mehta" he said or it sounded more like a demand and I just couldn't deny it by the look in his eyes. They are intense as if daring me to say no.

"I....okay then" I complied and he nodded his head.

"Please be there at my place by 7.30. I will see you then" he said and I nodded my head unable to speak as he looked at me giving me a once over and going away clearing his throat.

I closed the door and breathed deeply. Oh god! Why did looking at him felt so hot? Am I really crushing over my neighbor? I mean I always thought he is handsome but I never actually thought too much about it.

"This sudden interaction with him is messing with my mind" I said sighing and rubbed my temples.

"No Zaar! These are just attractions you feel for him! It will pass! Don't mind them! Just go for dinner at his place and come back and that's it! You won't see him much again and everything will be back to normal!" I told myself firmly and nodded my head.

Little did I know....that this dinner is one of many to come.........

Hello lovely readers! Another update for today! Yayy!!! And hmm! Our Ivaan is taking some steps forward I see! I like it!!! What about you?! Lemme know and enjoy reading guys!