•Chapter- 2•

"Oh no! I gotta get groceries! How did I not even notice that I am almost broke with the groceries!" I muttered to myself

I usually get groceries on time because I love food so much that I never get late to go shop for food! But this week has been very hectic for me and I forgot to get my groceries.

"Uh! Now I gotta go get them before curfew starts!" I again said to myself and decided to get ready and go get them.

I talk to myself a lot! It is kind of very embarrassing sometimes because I have a habit of talking to myself even with people around.

Years of not having anyone to talk to really made me talk to myself a lot. I talk to myself regarding anything and I like it because I am comfortable within myself and it is said that people who talk to themselves have keen observation skills. So who am I to complain?

I got ready in a few minutes and wore my grey sweatshirt and track pants. I put my hair in a ponytail and took my handbag and another spare jute bag to get my groceries.

To be safe I am taking some little precautions like taking my polythene or jute bags when I go get groceries and carrying sanitizers as usual.

I put on my black mask and went out of my house locking it and going down the elevator.

Except I saw the security guard of my apartment building. He is such a creep!

He is being a creep started since he joined the building two years ago. One time I came across him when I was going to the office. I was wearing a blue blouse and a black skirt. What I failed to realize was in hurry I forgot to button my top one button and since I have a really big chest, my cleavage is deep and he was gawking at it.

I didn't realize at first and then I did and shot him a glare and ran off from there. It was an unintentional mistake on my part and I always made sure to check myself before going out. But this idiot always hawks at me and my chest whenever I walk out of my house or in the building.

One time I even snapped at him because he was stupidly staring but that stupid continued.

Considering I don't usually go out of the house except for work, I left it after giving him a warning and I ignore him. Even if I need some help I ask the other security guard who is a middle-aged man and is very good and polite.

"Good morning Madam" Came his stupid reply and I nodded my head stiffly.

As soon as the elevator opened I rushed out of it and went out of the building.

Luckily there is a big departmental store two blocks down my apartment so it's easy for me to go get things. There is also a park near the apartment which is an open park so, sometimes I go there too, to just relax.

"Hi dear! Long time no see!" The shop owner, Myrna who is a 51- year old lady greeted me.

I met Myrna when I shifted here and bought this flat. She and her husband, Manan owns this store and have become close to me in these four years.