•Chapter- 14•

I have never been a person who goes around and makes friends

I have never been a person who goes around and makes friends. Heck! The fact that Nivin stuck with me ever since college was a huge achievement for me. I am a silent person, not because I am all serious or anything. I just have always been a person who is private and not many people I know nowadays make the effort of getting to know the person that easily.

Nivin and I met when we were in college where I was doing my engineering and we both were batch mates. Somehow we clicked it off. I was the silent roommate and he was the social party roommate. If that's even a thing! He always used to stick with me and soon we did hit it off. I am grateful to have him in my life as he is one integral part of my life.

And I guess after like 3rd grade this is the first time I asked someone to be my friend.

I was so nervous to ask her for some reason because her answer.......it mattered.

From the way I jerked off to her weeks ago, I know that it's not just an acquaintance relationship I have with her. I am attracted to her.

The first woman after my wife I made an effort with. I didn't have any flings or relationships before Nivya. Nivya was my first. Nivya though, did had a serious relationship before me but she broke it off. I wasn't her first actually but that wasn't a problem with me.

She was honest with me about her past relationships and feelings and that's what mattered more to me. That she was able to trust me and tried to give a chance to our relationship, whatever it may be.

And asking someone, that too a girl to be my friend or someone close is......not scary but new. And who doesn't get off on trying new things?

For some reason I like her. Though I didn't talk to her much or I don't know much about her, I feel comfortable with her. At ease. And it's more than what I felt with people I am supposed to call my own.

Not talking to her all these days, it felt like I am missing out on something. Her caring nature, he fucking smile, the way her warm brown eyes looked at me, heck even her talking out loud habit......it's adorable and I wanted to be able to be near that. Near her.

And so, today morning with determination I came over to her place to........I don't even know to do what, but in the end, I asked her to be my friend. Better something than nothing right?

I am glad she accepted my proposal to be friends. I don't know where this will lead us. I don't know where this will go. I don't even know what this is or how it is going on.

All I know is that I just did, or took a decision in my life for the first time based on something.......purely my feelings. Not for my family, not for society, not for anyone. For me.

I wanted to be near her and for the first time......I decided for myself.

And I am waiting to find out where this is going to go.