Dinner and Dessert?

The next morning, you called out from work. Everything from the night before was making you feel confused, anxious, and sick to your stomach. A phone notification went off and you thought it would be Jungkook trying to get a hold of you, but it was your mom.

Mom 9:27AM

Come over for dinner tonight.

9:29AM

Do I have to? 🙃

Mom 9:30AM

Yes. I'll see you at 5PM.

Mom 9:32AM

Bring drinks.

You sat in your pajamas most of the day, watching k-dramas and snacking on everything you could get your hands on. "See, it's so easy for you to find love and you didn't even do much to find your soulmate. Why does mine have to be so complicated?" You said throwing popcorn at the screen.

The hope of taking the day off was to distract yourself from last night's events but staying in had the opposite effect. All you wanted to do was call Jungkook to see if he thought it was a mistake or if he wanted this to happen too. You couldn't fathom how Yuna would react, let alone your mother. They would have a field day.

You knew your mother was ready to marry you off so you could be off her hands, but to be honest, she didn't do much in terms of raising you. Growing up, she didn't bother doing much to take care of you.

--

You had your hands full holding two bags of drinks, almost dropping them. You were trying to press the elevator button when you heard, "Noona". You turned around to see Jungkook.

"Here, I can help you." He grabbed the bags from you and Yuna followed closely behind him. Your heart began beating faster and your hands were visibly trembling. He showed up with a new haircut and that goddamn smile. You were a bit sad to see the long hair go but this new cut made him look even more youthful.

Shit. "I didn't know you guys were coming over." Why didn't your mother let you know there would be company? Especially Yuna and Jungkook.

Yuna grabbed you by the shoulders and gave you a hug. "Sorry, I was busy all day and forgot to text you."

The three of you got in the elevator and Jungkook stood next to you. The clean soap smell coming off of him was intoxicating and was bringing back memories of the night before. Yuna waved her hand in front of your face, trying to grab your attention. You finally snapped out of your daze. Jungkook couldn't help but stifle his laugh at how disoriented you were in his presence.

"You've been so out of it lately. We gotta get you a man or something."

Little did your best friend know that it was her younger brother who you were hooking up with. You cleared your throat, "Sorry. I've had a lot on my mind."

Jungkook bit his bottom lip, trying not to make a sound. He went back to thinking about how you kissed him just last night, and how he wanted to keep kissing you. He could do it all night.

Yuna turned back around and Jungkook leaned over and whispered, "Is it me?" You elbowed him in the stomach and he flinched and grinned. You all entered your mom's place and it smelled of her delicious homemade cooking.

"Imo (aunt), it smells amazing."

"Aigo, I've missed this." Jungkook exclaimed as he walked in to set the drinks on the kitchen counter. His eyes widened and mouth salivating at the variety of food dishes on the table.