The Day He Knew

2014.

(18-year-old Jungkook, 28-year-old Y/n)

Jungkook recently graduated from high school and was getting ready to go off to college abroad to study game and graphic design. His family was throwing him a going away party; of course, you couldn't miss it.

"I can't believe Jungkookie is going off to college. When did he get so big?" You asked, faintly reminiscing the times when Jungkook was younger.

"I'm going to miss him, even though he annoys me so much," Yuna said with a smile.

You laughed, "I'm sure he'll be back to visit and annoy you when he has breaks. And you could always go visit him."

Yuna gasped, "Ouh good idea! We could make a trip out of it."

"I've always wanted to visit California. The beaches look amazing."

The two of you continued to finish the remaining party tasks. Their mom went all out to celebrate her baby boy growing up and moving halfway across the world. Like all mothers, she was against him leaving at first, but you and Yuna convinced her to let him go. Jungkook deserved to live life and experience new things, and he was fiercely independent, so you didn't have to worry much about him - he'd figure things out on his own.

"So...how's it going with U-jin?" Yuna asked reluctantly, and she knew there was some restlessness between the two of you.

You looked at your best friend, biting your bottom lip. "It's..." you hesitated for a moment, "good," you mumbled. To be honest, it was not good. The two of you had been spending a lot of time apart, but you didn't want to alarm Yuna about it.

Yuna gave you a look, halting her task of setting the table. "Why are you saying it like that?"

Shrugging, you asked, "Like what? He's nice, has money, a good job, and comes from a good family, but I feel as though we don't have that spark, you know? He's reliable, but he doesn't make me–"

"Make you come," Yuna interjected.

Maybe you should have kept some details of your sex life to yourself instead of spilling it to Yuna, but you were frustrated with how things were going with U-jin, and you needed to vent. Sex was fine with U-jin - nothing mind-blowing.

"Who doesn't make you come?" A voice interrupted from behind the pair of you.

You choked on nothing, "Jungkook!" You made a face as you elbowed Yuna. Oh god, Jungkook didn't need to hear about how you weren't satisfied in your relationship. "No one."

"Exactly, no one." Yuna laughed, "It's her boyfriend." She leaned in, whispering to Jungkook, "He doesn't make her come."

Jungkook awkwardly nodded, not really wanting to hear about your sex life...but only because, you know..of his little crush on you. "Ah..."

You nudged Yuna harder this time, "Kookie, don't listen to your sister. She's nuts. And don't talk about this stuff around Jungkook," you said, the last part gritting through your teeth. This was so embarrassing. No one needed to know how bad your sex life was.

 No one needed to know how bad your sex life was