Slow Dances Can't Lead to Anything Good

"I can be your date if you want." He said confidently as you choked on your water.

You clasped your chest. "What? No, it's fine." Jungkook as your date to a wedding? He's got to be kidding. Everyone would have a field day, especially your mother.

He flashed a half-smile. "I'm serious. That way you're not stuck with some random guy. At least you know we'd have fun together, right?"

He did make a valid point. It would be a fun night with Jungkook around. "But Jin isn't some random guy and nah...I can't. You're like my little brother." You reached out to try and boop his nose but he grabbed your hand.

"I'm not that little boy anymore and I'd appreciate it if you stopped thinking of me in that way." His response and gesture took you aback. He could clearly take care of himself and was more confident. Maybe him moving abroad helped boost his confidence level. You found it rather sexy that he stood up to you.

Jungkook let go of your hand. You became timid and regretful for not thinking of him as someone who was grown up. You, of all people, should know how it felt when people didn't look at you as someone who was capable of taking care of themselves.

"Right, you're right. You're 24 now and I'm sorry. I should see you as an adult and not a little boy anymore." You stared at the empty margarita glass sitting in front of you, picking it up and licked the salted rim. How does one move on from this conversation? Then he moved closer and pinched the back of your arm, interrupting your thoughts.

"Hey, you okay?"

You sent him a half smile and nodded. He gently moved his hand away, and now his fingertips were slowly grazing up and down your spine, trying to calm you. But it was only making you hot and bothered, then he began circling his way across your back.

"You're not feeling sorry for yourself again, are you?" You shook your head no and straightened your posture. He only then realized maybe you weren't comfortable with him touching you.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?"

You peered over at him with sleepy eyes. "Hmm? Oh no, you're not. I always feel safe around you."

"Noona, should we get some more drinks?" He was about to wave the bartender over but you stopped him.

"Kook, I'm okay. I shouldn't have any more to drink. I don't want to do anything I'll regret."

"Do something you'll regret? Like what?" He asked in a curious tone.

You could feel your cheeks heating up and you chuckled nervously. You knew exactly what could happen if the two of you kept drinking, but you knew better, or at least you thought you did.

"I'll forgive you if you buy me a drink."

"Forgive me? Did I hurt you that bad? And why aren't you paying? Aren't you grown now?" You scoffed using his own words against him.

"Please Noona....your words hurt me. I'll be thinking about it for days, months, years." He joked as he clutched his heart. "My heart is aching."

God, he was so dramatic sometimes. His brown doe eyes began to glisten and twinkle as he began to pout and look at you. That stupid pout. You couldn't resist it.

"Meh, I'm okay if you hate me forever. I don't mind. I can live with that." You chuckled.

He rolled his eyes at you, then waved down the bartender again.

"Four shots of tequila, please."

Did Jungkook think you'd take shots with him right now? The real question was, should you even be drinking anymore? You had several glasses of wine with Yuna at the bridal appointment, and a margarita. By this rate, you surprised yourself at how tame you were.