Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day

Start from the beginning

I knew Hunter had baggage when I decided to give him a chance. I also knew that he wasn’t going to tell me that he loved back. But him actually saying ‘I’m not in love’ hurt. But love came with understanding, and I needed to understand his reasoning.

***

It was 6:58 the next day and I was nervously waiting for Hunter. What if he didn’t show because of our awkward moment yesterday? What if he thought something—the doorbell ringing stopped my panicking.

I ran to the door but my dad answered it before I could get to it and laughed at me when I stopped in my tracks.

He opened the door and there stood Hunter in all his glory. He was wearing a button up with dark jeans and a pair of Nikes.

“Hello sir, my name is Hunter and it’s nice to finally meet you formally.” Hunter took on a more proper tone and extended his hand for my father to shake. My dad smiled and took his hand in a firm handshake. He gestured for Hunter to come in, and Hunter acted on his best behavior, but not before shooting me a wink. I bit my lip knowing that he was merely putting on a show.

My dad went to go check on how my mom was doing in the kitchen and Hunter came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist his lips connecting to my neck. “What’d I tell you about biting your lip?”

I looked up at him with a look I hope came off as seductive, “Hmm I don’t know?” By the bob of his Adam’s apple, I knew that it worked. “Tonight. I don’t want to wait anymore.”

“Decem—”

“Tonight,” I affirmed strongly, not wanting him to put it off just because he was scared that I loved him and that he was afraid I would regret it. But I wouldn’t.

I broke from his grip and walked into the dining room with a little more sway then I needed to, but I was getting a point across.

I was a sexually frustrated hormonal teenage girl for once, and I wanted to take advantage of that fact. Hunter’s made big changes in my life since he ran into it.

As we sat down for dinner my mom brought out her meatloaf and apple pie for dessert. The apple pie reminded me of the empanadas we had made and I laughed a little. Hunter smile and gave my hand a squeeze from under the table.

“So Hunter, you’ve been around our daughter quite a lot lately.” My mom started the conversation off light, but this conversation could take a drastic turn quickly.

“Uh,” Hunter cleared his throat adjusting in his chair, quickly turning on his smooth persona. “Yeah, she’s a cool girl. She and Anna are great additions to our group.” I could almost laugh at the fact that he didn’t say gang like I was use to. “Might I add that the food is pretty delicious?” He threw on a charmer smile and even though I knew what he was doing I darn near melted. Instead I chose to roll my eyes.

“Flattery truly does get you anywhere,” my mom chuckled. He was definitely being a suck up.

“How’s your senior year going?” My dad decided to finally start on his set of questions.

“Fine, senioritis is kicking in overtime. But I’ll be ready to start college in the fall.” That answer made me raise an eyebrow, Hunter and I never talked about college we kind of just skipped it altogether.

“Where do you plan on going?”

“UCLA or I might go down to San Diego State. I could go to Stanford or Pepperdine but they’re too strenuous.” He was definitely wooing my parents. It was true, Hunter could pretty much go wherever he wanted because he was definitely smart.