[R] Jealousy (Wilbur & Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. just some jealous brothers aha. also they are tiny children)

First, it was Tommy spending less and less time with them. Unlike what people would believe, Wilbur noticed the lack of Tommy by his side very quickly, not because he missed him or anything. His five year old brother was just too annoying, that was it.

After that, it was how Tommy slowly stopped asking him to hang out with him or talk with him. It was unusual, especially since Tommy was always such a clingy child. Even Techno picked up on it, and his twin was usually too busy with fencing training to fully notice.

Then, whenever he had the chance to spend time with Tommy, a common factor always came up in their conversations.

"Wilby, Dream helped me draw this!"

"Wilby, Techa, look what Dream bought for me!"

"Dream said he was gonna teach me to be the bestest fencer when I grow old enough!

Dream this, Dream that; everything Tommy talked about, somehow the little genius in Wilbur's class and Techno's rival in his fencing class had managed to win over the heart of their naive little brother, who couldn't see just how terrible Dream was.

Sure, maybe he was exaggerating it a bit; Dream was kind and smart, and even though he was an arrogant little rat who kept getting on his nerves, he knew what he was doing, and Wilbur had to reluctantly respect him for it.

But that didn't mean he couldn't hate him! It was Dream who stole the position of class helper from him, after all!

And to top it off, the final icing on the bitter and nasty cake? Once, while Wilbur and Techno were babysitting Tommy as he played in the playground with Tubbo, as they ran around with Dream and his friends, a woman sat next to them on their bench, and had the audacity to coo at Tommy and Dream — who was gently telling Tommy about the rules of their game — and call them brothers! While he and Techno were right there!

There was the lion, there was the witch, and there was the audacity of this bitch.

He shouldn't be swearing, according to Dad, but he thought this situation warranted it.

But the point stood. Now, someone had mistaken Dream and Tommy for brothers because of how close they were, and this...

This was unacceptable.

Tommy was their little brother, not Dream's. They didn't even look alike, outside of the blond hair and the similar facial structure, which so many other people also had. So what if Dream ruffled Tommy's hair and let their brother tag along with him and helped with build sandcastles in the sand pit at the playground and did a bunch of other stuff Wilbur and Techno had done themselves before?

That didn't mean that Dream was Tommy's brother!

Dad thought they were overreacting, and while Wilbur had thought that Dad was never wrong, he was starting to think that Dad could be wrong about things, sometimes.

"It's not fair!" Wilbur grumbled, glaring at Dream and Tommy where they stood on the playground. He wanted to march up to them and get Dream away, but one of his teachers was at the playground too, and he needed to make a good impression with her. Still didn't stop the boiling hatred bubbling beneath his skin — he'd picked that phrase up from Techno.

"He needs to be stopped," Techno said gravely, kicking back on the swing, and Wilbur nodded furiously, pushing himself back on the swing as well.

"What's good about him anyway?" Wilbur whined. "He's annoying. Tommy's too good for him."

"He's a good fencer," Techno pointed out, which... well, true! But he didn't need to say it.

"I'm gonna figure out a way," Wilbur muttered, just as Dad called him, Techno and Tommy to head back home. He glared at Dream as the other was led away by his older sister. "I swear."

In the end, a brilliant opportunity came to his feet by Dream himself.

At lunchtime, after an incident in art class, Dream had gone off to hang out with his friends, Punz, George and Sapnap. They had decided to claim their territory over the playground, and every other kid had been forbidden to go to places that they were using.

Tommy was sulking at the border of the playground when Wilbur found him.

"Toms!" he cheered, bouncing up to his brother and wrapping an arm around him. "You heard of what Dream's done?"

"Yeah," Tommy pouted. "'S not fair, Wilby. I wanna play too."

"I know, bubs," he soothed. "Which is why I have an idea! Why don't we- we fight back, and we declare a territory within their territory? We fight them and we make a war!"

"But..." Tommy frowned. "Isn't that going too far?"

"Yeah, but don't you want to get revenge on him after he messed up your painting?" Wilbur soothed. It was an accident, and everyone had heard the apologies Dream gave Tommy, but it lit a spark in his brother's eyes, and Tommy furiously nodded. Wilbur grinned, a plan already forming in his mind to somehow get Techno in this plot too, once he returned from his competition out-of-state.

Everything was falling into place; soon, everyone would know that Tommy was obviously not Dream's brother, and Tommy would like him and Techno better than Dream!