Rewind (Multiple)

(A/N: i am Not Feeling It Fellas!!! so here have like,,, this weird thing i wrote up. I'll try and get a req out tomorrow or on Wednesday!!)

In the middle of an abandoned room, full of grime and dirt and dust, stood a group of teenagers, all looking no older than 18. A girl who was clearly the leader stood in the middle, surrounded by all the others. They all looked grim and tired, and it wasn't for no reason.

Earth had lost the war.

All of their hard work, gone in a few hours all because they were foolish enough to underestimate the creatures of the night, to think that the night creatures would not retaliate with all their might.

All the survivors in France ran and hid in the Wonder Muse, previously known as Shakespeare's Globe. They sent hunters out for food every second day, careful to stay near the base lest they get caught by the creatures.

They had lost their privileges to the creatures. Their pride, their lands, all gone. All taken — no, stolen by humanity's worst enemy, their worst fear. It seemed like the end; a permanent one.

But for them? With what they had found in the rubble while on a supply run, maybe not all was lost.

Drista stared at the clock in her palm. It seemed ordinary enough, a vintage hand clock from the '90s era. But she could feel the dam of magic, weaved into this tiny clock. The dam of Time Magic.

"This is our only chance, Drista." She heard Tubbo murmur softly.

She gripped it tighter. "I know that."

Purpled snorted, a bitter tinge to it. "We know you know that. We're not judging you."

Drista thought about all her friends. She thought about her family, who had all died, just to secure this one clock. She thought about sweet, kind Lani, with her bright smile and warm black eyes. She thought about young Telette, barely a teenager, but hands already used to having blood.

She thought about the possibility that she would get to see them again, change their fates, and her grip tightened harshly, enough for the metal to bite into her skin.

Ranboo placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "We'll be able to save them, protect them when we get back," she whispered soothingly.

Drista wanted to shout, to snarl, to tell them that just because they had this dam of Time Magic didn't mean that they would be able to harness it without dying, that there were too many possibilities of failure, of loss, of destruction.

But then she glanced around, staring at each one of her squad members. Tubbo, Purpled, Fundy, Tommy, Ranboo... despite how they looked grim and resigned outwardly, she could see it in their eyes.

They had hope, for the first time since they lost the war. And it was because of the clock.

She couldn't take it away from them.Even if she tried, they all knew she knew a spell, passed on to her by the guardians. A spell that would allow her to manipulate Time Magic, under the right circumstances. This must be in the right circumstances, right?

Letting out a soft sigh, she stared at them, eyes burning with determination.

"Alright," she spoke firmly. "Let's do this, Squad Ambrosius."

She held out her hand. "To a better future."

One by one, her squad members placed their hand on hers, determined and ready to do whatever it took to save everyone.

"To a better future."

She let the moment draw on for their sake, pulling away after a few beats.

"Right. Fundy and Tubbo, you two read all about these monsters, and remember them. Tommy and Purpled, the two of you go on about normal. Make up excuses for all of us. Ranboo, you and I will scan through Guardian Peace's notes. With your recovering skills, I'm sure we'll be able to find more information about the Time spell she gave me. Everyone needs to brush up on your acting skills, too. Orders received?"

"Yes, Captain!"

"Good. This is a chance we cannot pass up on. Don't go around telling others, yeah? We've got about a week and a half, so spend your days having fun, but not too much, got me?"

"We know that already, Drista," Tommy snorted, but he was smiling. It had been so long since any of them had seen him smile so brightly.

"We won't slack off, and you know that!" Fundy grinned, eyes bright despite all the horrors he'd witnessed. That was one thing Drista admired about the redhead.

She nodded, a smile pulling at her lips despite her best efforts. "Good. We'll regroup here everyday at this time. Meeting dismissed."

They had a chance, a chance to protect those they'd lost, and she would make sure it would come to fruition. Even at the cost of her life.