[R] Hitting A Milestone (Quackity & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. me writing this when he's gonna hit 10mil soon asjskjds anyways they're adoptive brothers and that's all you need to know for now
italics is spanish
also if I accidentally write anything that might be considered racist or a microaggression, please let me know!)

"Thank you for the ten gifted!" Quackity thanks his twitch viewers, mouse flitting between screens to close away the game before switching to have his face in the middle of the stream again.

It is nearing the end of his stream, which had gone on longer than Quackity had expected it to due to him losing track of time and failing to beat a few levels of the game, and frankly, Quackity is ready to flop onto his bed and sleep the night away.

Still, he has to thank the rest of those who have subscribed to him, donated him money, or gifted him subscribers. He wasn't able to do it before, due to focusing on his game, which is why he'll have to stretch out the ending portion of his stream in order to thank everyone for coming and watching him, before ending his stream.

And that's how he proceeds, thanking everyone, and occasionally answering some questions whenever more donations pop up to ask him something. Quackity mentally runs the calculations of how likely will he be able to get through at least the first quarter of his essay due in two days' time, before deciding to scrap that idea and start on it tomorrow and switching to deciding what snack to eat before heading to sleep. All the while, he thanks his subscribers automatically.

It's all going well, and Quackity is just saying his last goodbyes and thanks, when the door slams open, and Quackity nearly falls out of his chair.

He almost falls out of it again when a loud voice speaks up, bright and filled with joy.

"Big Q, big Q!" Tommy shouts excitedly. "I hit 8 million subscribers! I've got two million more to go!"

"Really? That's great! That's absolutely amazing! I'm so proud of you!"

Normally, Quackity would have a much more enthusiastic response, and he is going to give said enthusiastic response once he deals with the problem of still streaming while Tommy is still here. While all of his stream watchers can definitely hear his younger brother.

Hell, he can practically see the trending tag already.

"Brother, if this all goes well, I'll be able to hit 10 million in the next two... three months!"

"That's fantastic, Tommy!"

Without even looking once, Quackity slams his hand on his keyboard, mashing a bunch of keys in panic. With the position Tommy is in, he isn't able to see the keyboard, or Quackity's screen, which is a small mercy at best.

Quackity shoots a quick look at his computer, and once he sees the stream ended screen, he wastes no time in simply shutting his computer down.

"What are you doing?" Tommy asks curiously, now speaking in English.

"Just some college stuff," Quackity lies easily, spinning around in his chair to open up his arms wide, grinning at Tommy. "But serious, congrats man! 8 million's a big number!"

"I know it is!" Tommy replies, just as excitedly, seemingly pushing away the matter of Quackity suddenly shutting down his computer in favour of gushing over his achievement.

As Tommy rambles on, Quackity has half a mind to head onto Twitter and make an official statement. After all, who knows what the more... 'harsher' fans would come up with — stupid claims that Tommy is being racist by speaking Spanish, as they had claimed to him, once; or maybe trending 'tommy neg' for a variety of different things that can easily be proven wrong if people would just take the time to actually think and listen.

But, well, it's been a long day. Quackity isn't in the mood to deal with the fallout tomorrow, and he definitely isn't in the mood to try and make up a tweet that won't be horribly misinterpreted by the community who will demand him to apologise for it. Like, really, "sorry I misinterpreted your tweet, could you apologise?" much?

So, just for tonight, he'll save the explanations for tomorrow. Tonight, he'll celebrate with Tommy over his momentous achievement, and push any negativity aside for now.

Looks like his future self will have a lot to do, then.