Technodad (Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: hey guess who just updated a fic I haven't updated in like 2 months. anyways local roleplayers has its 11th chapter now so whoo hoo for me! no req today bc I'm kinda worn out sorry :'D but I do hope you'll still enjoy this! anyways here have technodad with adopted technically-brother-but-treated-as-son tommy. no backstory in here is real, it's all fiction I'm sure their parents are very nice irl)

Everything started when Techno's absent mother dumped an eleven year old in his arms.

Growing up, Techno never had the best of home lives. An absent mother, a neglectful father, a spoiled sister...needless to say, when he got the chance, Techno moved to Britain and never looked back. He wasn't sure why he decided to tell his fans that he was living in American, but it gave him more security, so he didn't refute his claim. It allowed him to cut off more ties from his family, too.

So it came as a surprise when his mother showed up at his apartment's door front one day, passed him an eleven year old like he was a baby, and told him, "This is Tommy. He's eleven. You're taking care of him now." and just left, without any more words.

For a while, Techno panicked. He was a college dropout making just enough to feed himself, he couldn't handle taking care of one more person, much less an eleven year old! Not to mention he barely even knew the kid, and Tommy didn't seem to like him very much either.

But when he looked at Tommy, he realised that he couldn't bear to give him away to an orphanage. His apparent brother needed his help, and Techno would be damned if he let his brother suffer just like or even worse than he did.

As the years went by, Techno continued doing his YouTube business, while having a part-time job on the side to pay for him and Tommy's needs. Slowly, their relationship went from 'brothers' to 'father and son', starting from when a thirteen year old Tommy accidentally called him 'Dad'. Eventually, Tommy decided to start doing YouTube, and eventually stream, so Techno gave him his old set-up.

Slowly, their popularity grew. SMPEarth was fun and amusing, although Techno had to reassure Tommy that he didn't mean anything he did. Soon, multiple events and servers were popping up, and their popularity started increasing even more, especially with the whole COVID thing going around. Their fans started making them, Wilbur, and Phil as 'brothers' or 'father and sons', which the two of them found hilarious. Dream SMP was the one thing needed for Tommy to grow, and Techno found that he didn't mind it when Tommy passed him in subscribers, or when he started to become more famous than him.

What could he say? He was proud of his son.

But despite all that, Techno knew that one day, their secret would be revealed eventually. They hadn't told anyone yet, not even their friends, but the two of them knew it would get out someday, although Tommy was slightly more optimistic about it. And today, it did.

"Dad?"

Techno quickly pressed the mute key on his keyboard before Tommy had even began speaking. "Yeah?"

"Are you still streaming?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh. Can we get takeout later? I know you usually cook, but you're streaming, and I still have to do some schoolwork first."

"What place?"

"Uh, I don't know? From that store near the place you work at, probably. I like their food."

"Alright, Tommy. Don't overwork yourself, okay?"

"Yeah, I know, Dad. See you later, love you."

"Love you too." Techno repeated back. When his door shut, he sighed, and turned back to his computer, only to be greeted with an absolute wall of 'TECHNODAD' and 'TOMMY' from his chat. He quickly checked the audio, only to realise that he had muted on Discord and not on stream.

Techno groaned, burying his head in his hands. "You heard nothing, chat. Nobody was there."

The chat, however, was still spamming 'TECHNODAD'. A donation came through.

"WAIT GUYS I RHINK TOMMY'S HIS SON???"

With a sigh, he decided to just accept that he would not be able to get out of this. "Yeah, alright chat, you got it in one. Tommy's... he's technically my brother, but he calls me Dad because of our family. No, that's none of your business, we'll tell you when we want to. We'll probably release a tweet or a stream talking about it, I don't know, let's move past that now chat."

God, his Twitter notifications were going to be so dead.