[R] Assassinboo (Ranboo-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic. unrelated but I'm thinking of participating in the open novella contest 2021. pros: I have a really cool idea and it's about irl mcyt, and it'll help me to actually have a time-limited motivation to do something. cons: I did it last year, it did not turn out well, and also I might not have time for it, and I currently have no plan, and I started late but I could probably usher in a few 2k words before feb 28, and I might have to put every other fic on hiatus, and this might not work out. so yes or no?)

By day, Ranboo was the quiet kid in class, who only hung around his very tight-knit friend group, and only ever spoke up if he was called. By night, however, he was the city's most notorious assassin, Enderman. The very same Enderman who was wanted by all 50 states of America, and the very same Enderman who was named the 'Modern Robin Hood' of America, in the sense that whenever he killed a rich person, he would usually try to donate the money to various charities and people in need.

Yeah, he named himself after his favourite mob in Minecraft. Sue him.

But there was no time to dwell on the fact that his life was very similar to a bunch of those hero shows like Danny Phantom and Ben 10, because he had a target to kill, and he needed the information as quickly as possible. His completely unwarranted detention had held him back, so he needed to be quick to get out of school.

Ducking into a corner, he took a deep breath before letting his teleportation powers take him to his friend group's secret base. While he was the only one who was actively 'out on the field' and the only one with powers, his friend group had decided to band together to help him whenever they could after they found out about his whole night job, and a day never went by without Ranboo being grateful for their support and help.

"Who's my target this time?" he asked, dumping his bag onto a nearby chair, only to wince at the small shrieks Lani and Tubbo let out and they turned around quickly, looking frazzled.

"Oh my god, Ranboo, you scared us," Lani groaned, slumping down her chair as everyone else snickered lightly.

"Sorry," Ranboo apologised. "But I need the basic information now. Tommy, did you-?"

"I told Phil you would be staying over with Tubbo and Lani," he shrugged. "He bought the excuse, thankfully. But honestly you should've been better at, y'know, not getting a detention?"

"In my defence, he deserved it," Ranboo responded quickly. "Lani, Tubbo, what have you got?"

"Um, okay!" Tubbo exclaimed, bringing up the information on the large monitor screen as he and his friends all crowded around it to look at it. "Your target is Rodger Sauffeon, he looks kind of like a baked bean with brown hair, and right now he should be partying at The Dead Rabbit NYC. Your employer will give the money through PayPal, as usual, and they'll even... they'll even double the price if you bring the body back to them!"

Ranboo studied the profile picture of the man. A slow grin appeared on his face.

"Purpled, Drista, are you free to follow me for this?"

"You are so giving us a cut of this later," Drista said, disgruntled, even as she hefted the limp body of a guard over her shoulder. For someone so young and small, she was surprisingly strong. Ranboo still wasn't sure if she genuinely had no powers.

"Don't worry, I will," Ranboo assured her, reloading his gun. "Purpled, have you handled...?"

"Communications have been cut," Purpled said. "Tommy, Tubbo, and Lani are making fake photos and rearranging Tubbo's room to make it seem like you were there. Everything's set."

"You guys are really godsends," Ranboo said gratefully, already hopping up and into the surprisingly wide and tall vents. "I'll be off now. Call you when I'm ready."

"Cut that bitch's head!" was the last thing he heard before the vent door swung shut. With a sigh, he started crawling forwards. He needed to get a look at the room before he could teleport in there.

Just a few more steps... and Ranboo could see the room that Sauffeon was in. He was clearly drunk, if the way he was rambling to himself was any much of a hint. With a smirk, Ranboo prepared his gun, and teleported down, disappearing from the vents in a shower of purple sparkles. He crept over to a dark corner, where the man couldn't see him easily.

"Hello, Mister Sauffeon."

The man whirled around, looking around drunkenly and in slight terror. "Who are you? Sh- *hic* show yourself!"

Ranboo smirked, letting himself teleport behind the man, and made sure he could feel the coldness of the gun pressed to his temple.

"Boo."