[R] Cat Go Meow (Purpled & Punz)

(A/N: request as a pic. feelin like writing some chill stuff today :3)

"A cat?"

Purpled blinked down at the white and brown spotted cat. The cat looked back up at him and meowed.

His eyes widened slightly at the unique purple of the cat's eyes. "Huh. Hello there."

With a slight frown, he glanced around. Nobody seemed to be searching for the cat, and it didn't look like its owner would be coming back anytime soon, seeing as she hadn't teleported. There was always the slight chance that the owner was actually searching around for it, but for some reason, he doubted it.

"Are you hungry?" carefully, he crouched down, digging around in his inventory until he found some raw fish that he gave to the cat, who nibbled on them happily. As it did so, Purpled noticed a red collar on the cat, and lifted it up to check it out.

"Hope, female, 5," he read out. There was no other information on the collar. Just the name, gender, and age.

Purpled glanced down at the cat, who looked back up at him. Upon further glance, he noticed that the tips of her fur was a little singed. His concern only grew; who would let their pet near a fire or lava? And why was Hope here?

"Nice name, I suppose," he mumbled, feeding Hope more raw fish. "Do you know where your owner is? Can you teleport back to them?"

Hope looked back at him blankly. He'd take that as a no, then.

"Right," he sighed. "Uh, you wanna like... come with me or something?"

In response, the cat started moving closer, and Purpled's breath hitched when Hope rubbed her head against his hand.

He was not going to get attached. He was Purpled Bedwars, goddamnit; all he needed was money, a weapon, Punz, and more money. He didn't need anything else. He would not get attached to this stray cat left in the middle of a random place in the SMP. He would not-

Hope meowed and butted her head against his hand again. She looked up with her purple eyes and stared at him. Purpled melted, and picked her up.

Fuck, he'd gotten attached.

"Let's take you home, I guess," Purpled muttered, silently screaming at how soft her fur was, despite the slight singes to it. Hope meowed again, and Purpled resolved to give this cat the world, as well as all the raw fish she'd need to stay healthy.

"What is that."

"A cat," Purpled deadpanned, gently continuing to pet Hope's fur, ignoring the incredulous look Punz was sending him.

"Is it... your cat?"

"Of course," Purpled replied, a little miffed. "What, you think I would walk around the SMP just for a cat?"

"You walked around the- well, I mean, with enough money," Punz shrugged. Purpled made a small noise of disgruntlement.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't have treated any other cat that nicely."

"With enough money..."

"Can you shut up about that," Purpled rolled his eyes, picking Hope back up when she tried to go near Punz. It wasn't that he didn't trust his sort-of-maybe brother, it was just that he was pretty sure this Punz — with the whole ordeal with the red eyes and the Crimson — would be a little less impartial to making sure Hope stayed alive.

"Chill out," Punz laughed easily. "I won't hurt her, I promise. I don't think I've seen you thins attached to something since... ever."

"Yeah, well, exceptions can be made," Purpled felt his lips quirk up in a small smile as he looked down at Hope again. "What can I say? She's just got that- that charm."

"That, and she shares the same eye colour as you?" Punz tilted his head.

Hope looked up at him with wide purple eyes, and Purpled's heart melted just a little further.

"Maybe," he replied, "Now if you'll excuse me, Hope demands some walks."

Purpled quickly sped away, as Punz burst out laughing, a faint blush on his cheeks all the while.