Chapter 5 - come with us?

Start from the beginning

"He's... he's...he's..." nightmare pauses and holds the 's' as he thinks for what to say.

Killer chuckles from the road, "he's going to get up! He's been bitten meaning he'll turn into a zombie!"

Nobody noticed that killer had walked over to cross' body, he was carefully moving his hair out of the way and removing his jacket from the way. Killer was trying to fix the massive hole that was in cross' chest.

"Dreamy! Do you want his jacket, I don't think he'd care for it anymore." Killer smiles, throwing the jacket over to nightmare. Dream nods, I was super confused at their actions. Killer was randomly shuffling around cross' body, changing his position and tidying his clothes.

"Kills, what are you doing?" I finally ask. Killer looks up for a moment then turns back to cross' body.

Killer drifts his hand along cross' chest, trying to sort the blood problem. He suddenly stops just above it, where his heart would be - that was my guess, I have no clue what he was doing - and flicks away from cross' body. Scrambling a couple of paces away.

"What is it killer?" Nightmare asks, as confused as all of us. Killer looks over with wide from surprise eyes.

Killer shakes his head, shuffling his hair, "h-he's still alive!"

"Urgghh..." cross shivers, his voice weak and almost a whisper. Killer shuffles quickly back over to his wounded side, carefully propping him to sit forward a small amount. His groans of pain get louder by every movement.

"Cross?" Killer faltered, leaning his arm around cross' lowered shoulders. Cross looks over, his eyes being the only thing connected to his control.

"C-cross?!" Dream stammers, crawling desperately forward onto the burning tarmac.

Me, nightmare, blue and ink look over in surprise. Killer had his ear to cross' mouth and was listening to the quiet whispering. Dream had gotten closer, a smile spread across his face and salty tears falling into it.

"W-wait! He could be zombie." I stutter, reaching forwards for no reason and stepping onto the road.

Killer looks round as dream takes his place, "he's not, I don't know how but he would've been zombie by now."

Dream pressed his face into cross' shoulder, cross' mouth moved into a small smile and he leaned his falling head onto dreams. Dream was holding cross to a sitting position that was able to be not incredibly painful.

Nightmare pulls me back, "I don't think he's a zombie." I pulled away quickly and stepped in line. Everything around was edging closer, the space was making my tense a lot and I didn't enjoy the fact that nobody else was worrying about it.

"Let's get cross to where ever you guys are going." Ink advises, finally saying something smarter. Blue nods and walks over to dream and cross.

Killer wanders over as well, "dream, do you want me to help carry him?"

Dream nods and falls out of cross' clutches, still holding him up and allows killer to catch onto cross. They carefully shuffle towards us, blue deciding to take killer's knife away as they hold cross.

"How have we survived this long, You have been ushering us on but nothing has attacked, what's that about?" Ink wonders to me, leaning towards me. He was about the same height as me but his trainers soles make him a small amount taller.

"I-I don't know..." I murmur back, ink shrugs and walks towards the squad. Everyone was ready to leave.

How have we survived this long?
We... don't deserve to live this long...?
why?                       Why?                       Why?

Cross leans over to killer's pierced ear and whispers something to him, killer's reaction didn't prove anything except that he didn't agree.

"No." Killer shuts the idea down before anyone else hears. Cross leans back to dream and nuzzles his cheek. Dreams smile returned, replacing a look of focus. He leans onto cross' cheek gently and chuckles a small amount.

"Whatcha say?" Dream asks, his voice was calming and soft. It brought a small amount of positivity as we inches closer to the building.

I ignored their conversation, my glaze falls onto the building. It was a clean white brick structure that ascends four floors up. The double doors at the front was swinging open in the breeze and the heavy metal fire exit was at the second floor hallway. It had copper steps that spiralled down to an alleyway beside the main road which was where we were slowly shifting towards.

"Me and killer are gonna go take cross to the front desk, you go find what you're doing." Dream instructs, killer opens his mouth to protest but quickly shuts his mouth after noticing cross' shuffle of pain.

"Killer you know where we're going, we'll be there." Nightmare says, killer nods but with a look like a child that wanted something.

Dream starts bringing cross towards the double doors, killer trudging gently with them. Nightmare indicates the other to follow him up the diamond-patterned stairs. Nightmare shoves the gate open and starts up the stairs.

"Stay quiet, we don't know what may be here." Nightmare orders. We all nod in uncoordinated unison, it also didn't help that we were all weird heights.

The steps made loud clanging under my boots, blue's trainers, ink's bright brown heeled shoes and nightmare's boots. Nightmare had carefully pulled at the heavy metal door and without effort, forced it open.

"Room C1 right?" Nightmare asked as he closed the door behind us. I cautiously nodded, looking down the hall. Nothing was different, people shuffled happily down the Pearl white hallway and the loud voices of people chatting round.

"Come on, it should be near." I urge them on, ink walks after me. Smiling prettily to all the passers, the others smiled back. I roll my eyes as blue chuckles, grabbing onto inks arm to talk to him.

"Ink, did you get that person you were searching for?" Blue wonders, I was intrigued by their conversation but wouldn't show it.

Ink shakes his head, "afraid not, I got all the way to the doors outside but then I got called back to the lab -" he chuckles before carrying on, "- to be honest, I didn't really run after them, I just walked 'pretending' to search for them. I knew I wouldn't have any luck finding them so I gave up."

Blue laughs along with the painter, they were in the moment away from the problems outside. Everyone was. Ink and blue's eyes glimmered with their humous conversation. I felt a spike of emotion hit my stomach, I hated the feeling. I knew what jealousy was but this, this hit worst. It was a longing to be in a comfortable position to be able to talk so freely towards someone and no judgement included.

Nightmare must've noticed my sulking as he carefully passed me a small note,

Error,
I brought my book, want to go sit in silence while waiting for killer and dream or dust to wake up?
Nightmare

I look over to him and nod, a small smile creeping onto my normal resting frown. Nightmare give a reassuring smile back, before pulling a hand to block it from view. I chuckle quietly and started focusing on the shuffling corridor.