7: How To Shop for Groceries- Gon Style (a.k.a, everything goes wrong)

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like the epitome of a doctor," Killua discerned with a softer tone than he usually had. Gon nodded with a smile.

"He'd probably be really happy to hear you say that," Gon said, smiling softly at the thought. "Then there's Kurapika, my other roommate. He's a criminologist for the local juvenile detention center. He's really hard-working, usually to the point of self-destruction. He's remarkably smart. Like, the smartest person I've ever met. But, when he's emotional, he's reckless, and he doesn't think about the consequences of his actions. Or he does, and he just doesn't care. You get into a fight with him, physically or verbally, and you'll lose. He's abrasive, stubborn, and extremely... overbearing, to say in the least. He has an insatiable need to protect the people he loves, even if what he does to 'protect' them ends up hurting them," Gon concluded, his voice lacking the softness he gave Leorio. It wasn't that he hated Kurapika or even disliked him. They were just butting heads right now, framing Gon's mindset of Kurapika in a more negative light. However, everything he said was true.

Killua nodded along slowly, absorbing all the information Gon was giving him. "Okay, he sounds like a whole ass train wreck," Killua said. Gon couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Yeah, kinda. But we still love him, trainwreck and all," Gon said, smiling. Killua's eyes widened a little, and his eyebrows slightly furrowed in surprise. He shook off his expression and continued pulling them through the store. "What about you? Thinking about fishing for a roommate?" Gon asked.

"Oh fuck no," Killua replied almost instantly. He shuddered at the thought.

"Why not?" Gon asked, cocking his head.

"Because I'd rather step in front of a moving train than be around someone twenty-four-seven and have them in my house all the goddamn time," Killua hissed. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed like the very thought gave him immense stress.

"I'm around you practically twenty-four-seven, and I'm in your house all the time. Am I your only exception? Aw, I feel so special," Gon cooed. Killua whipped his head around and glared at Gon for a split second before turning back around to steer the two's cart.

Killua scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself, idiot. You're only here because you forced your way into my life," He grumbled.

"And you're lucky I did. I'm great company," Gon beamed, holding his head high and continuing to grab things from the shelves.

"You think pretty highly of yourself for someone who had to beg me to tag along today," Killua remarked, glancing back at Gon quickly to peg him with his signature smirk. Gon looked away, nothing left to say. "Someone's rather quiet now."

"Cocky bastard," Gon growled under his breath, so low that Killua couldn't hear exactly what he said.

"Hm? What was that?" Killua asked.

"Oh, nothing!" Gon replied in his cheery tone. Killua blew air out of his nose, reflecting a half-hearted laugh.

"Mhm, that's what I thought," He cooed, to which Gon rolled his eyes. Killua stopped the cart at the end of their aisle. He turned to face Gon, leaning against the front of the cart and looking over their haul. "How far down are we on the list? Are we almost done, or did you manage to somehow fuck this up?"

"I managed to do this perfectly, thank you very much. We just need chocolate ice cream, eggs, cheese, and milk. That should all be on the next few aisles over, where the cold stuff is, and then we'll be done," Gon said with a simple smile. Killua gave him a singular nod and a hum in response, continuing to pull the cart to the frozen aisle.

"So, what's the actual reason you begged me to come along today?" Killua asked, continuing to pull them along.

"Huh? I mean, I told you already. I was bored," Gon replied, propping his head on his hand and leaning his elbow on the handle of the cart.