lix. a family nickname

chapter fifty ninea family nickname

chapter fifty nine
a family nickname

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

STILES. STILES, stiles, stiles. The word was all Odessa Stone could think about. It was a peculiar word, but one that rolled of the tip off her tongue so easily. Like her lips were meant to utter it. It felt right, something she hadn't been feeling in a while.

After the automatic writing session at the Animal Clinic, the four friends went their separate ways, except for Scott and Odessa because they lived together. Though when they got to their house, they went to their rooms and didn't try to talk to each other for the rest of the night. It wasn't because of anything other than the fact that they were too wrapped up in their own thoughts—thoughts that revolved around the word stiles and the person who was supposedly missing from their lives. Who knew if the two were connected in some way.

Silas had texted her that night asking to sleepover but she declined him shortly, telling him she wasn't feeling well, which wasn't a complete lie.

Odessa felt like utter shit.

On one hand, the blonde felt bad when it came to Silas and her relationship with him. Now she knew why it felt so wrong. Though she didn't feel the same for him anymore as she did before, she still felt bad for essentially leading him on with their relationship. She didn't know what to do in that department. The Stone almost felt dirty for being with someone while dreaming about another. She knew her best option for the time being was to simply try her best to avoid Silas.

On the other hand, Odessa felt like she was betraying something inside of her. Though it's a stretch, she felt like she was betraying the hazel eyed boy and their memories together in her dreams. She didn't know if the word stiles had anything to do with the hazel eyed boy in her dreams but she had a strong feeling it did. A strong feeling she couldn't exactly back up with any evidence.

It was hard to escape her dreams. Every time she closed her eyes she could feel them creeping into her mind—begging to be let free. But compared to her dreams of the Salvation, she welcomed the dreams with her hazel eyed boy without a fight...

"What do you think we'll be doing in 10 years?"

Odessa Stone looked up from the pages in the book she was reading at the boy who sat next to her on her bed, "where did that come from?"

The two were excited to start reading the new book they rented from the library a couple hours before. One of their new favorite things to do with each other was simply read together, it relaxed them, made everything better.