xlix. keep your eyes open

chapter forty ninekeep your eyes open

chapter forty nine
keep your eyes open

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

A METAL table. Odessa Stone escaped from one metal table to end up landing on another. But this time, she knew the metal table she was on was in a safe place with a person she trusted. The cold, metal table she laid upon was what she woke up to after who knows how long. She only hoped that when she opened her eyes, it wasn't all a dream.

As soon as the words help me left her lips, Odessa collapsed on the floor. The last thing she saw before passing out was Deaton hurrying to her.

When she came to, a faint beeping was heard in her ears. It was a steady beating. Odessa quickly realized it was some kind of heart monitor. As she regained more feeling in her body, she felt something stuck inside the back of her hand. Deaton must've hooked her up to an IV. She knew going to the Animal Clinic was a good idea.

Her groans caught Deaton's attention right away. He came to her side, speaking slowly so she could comprehend his words in her weak state, "Odessa, can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can."

Feeling his larger hand take hers, she tightened her hold as best she could, though all her body wanted to do was rest.

"Good, good," she heard him praise softly, "Odessa, I need you to try and open your eyes, okay?"

The only response she could give him was a strained groan, nodding her head as small as she could. Swallowing thickly, Odessa's eyes fluttered open only a tiny bit, but they were open. And she instantly wanted to close them again once she did.

Deaton squeezed her hand, encouraging her, "good, Odessa, you're doing great. Now, you need to stay awake for me, okay? Scott and Stiles will be here any minute. I promise."

The mere sound of their names was motivation enough for her to whisper out a barely audible, "okay."

Deaton then left her eye sight as he moved around the room to prepare the different supplies he needed to help her injuries. Though she knew she had to, being awake meant that Odessa felt everything she didn't want to feel when it came to her body. She couldn't really move her legs, not being able to completely feel them. Her wrists still hurt from breaking them and healing them because of how sensitive her body was. And for some reason she was scared to figure out, her stomach was starting to hurt, a lot.

Odessa couldn't help but bring one of her hands to her stomach, clenching it to try and stop the ease, but there was no use. She wouldn't classify it as a cramp, it was just a stabbing pain that was starting to increase.