iii. cold to the touch

chapter fourcold to the touch

chapter four
cold to the touch

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

IF YOU told Odessa Stone that she would be spending her Friday night going to a party with Scott and Stiles... she wouldn't know what to say. She had never been to a party before and she didn't know anyone. When Scott asked if she wanted to come, she was hesitant to accept. But in the end, she did. And that earned her a fist bump. She was starting to think that fist bumps were going to be a reoccurring thing with her and Scott.

The girl had never been to a party before. She only had the ways Stiles and Scott had described what a party was. Basically, a lot of people and cups filled with something they told Odessa was alcohol. Due to her healing abilities, however, she wouldn't be affected by it. Knowing this, the blonde didn't understand why she couldn't at least enjoy the taste of it, but didn't fight it nonetheless.

She didn't know what to wear to a party exactly so she just went with a light wash mom jean, a floral halter top and her Nikes. It was times like these that she was more than grateful that she had Lydia Martin for a friend.

"What?"

"What, what do you mean 'what'?"

"I mean 'what', and you know what."

"'What' what?"

"That look you were giving."

The Stone looked between her two friends with an exacerbated expression. She was walking alongside the boys as they made their way to the party. It was dark and pretty cold but she didn't pay any mind.

"I didn't give a look."

"Oh, there was a distinct look, Scott."

"What look?"

"The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party," Stiles shot his hands up in exclamation.

"It's not that," Scott denied, shrugging, "it just seems a little weird going to a different high school's party."

"What? Would you—," Stiles let out a groan at his best friends' attitude, "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison, no Lydia. Tonight we're moving on."

"You're right."

"That's right I'm right."

"So, what am I doing here then?"