lviii. hazel eyed boy

chapter fifty eighthazel eyed boy

chapter fifty eight
hazel eyed boy

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

WHY COULDN'T Odessa Stone sleep? Usually, she wasn't too bad to sleep with. Her inability to sleep was mostly due to how cold she was all the time or the stress she was facing when dealing with supernatural threats.

But there were no threats for the last three months and she was currently being heated by Silas' body while surrounded by blankets. So what could be the problem? What could be preventing her from shutting her eyes and falling asleep?

Odessa had been completely on edge recently—almost nervous. It was a kind of feeling she had never experienced. It was a sort of nagging not only in her chest but her entire body. Like something was consistently dragging her down because she didn't remember or she forgot something. It was as if her body was trying to tell her something and she had no idea how to figure out what.

The Stone kept it hidden from her friends, especially Silas. Though he had been her boyfriend for almost a year, there were things she was always hesitant in telling him or confiding in him. It wasn't because she didn't trust him, it was simply just the way she worked when it came to him. It was the opposite with her best friends because she knew she could tell them anything and they would always listen.

Silas wasn't entirely involved in the pack. It didn't really bother Odessa because it was one less person to worry about getting hurt. He had come along in the middle of their junior year when they were dealing with the dead-pool and after that whole ordeal was over, he asked her out and she said yes. She didn't have her memories at the time but he was all she could remember from her memory dreams and she felt comfort with that. They had been officially together ever since.

Though she had a good boyfriend, there were many things Odessa did independently and without his help. She researched about her Ember abilities and her parents by herself. She got her own car by herself. She liked being independent. It made her feel stronger in her own skin.

But she wished she had a trusted support system. Something concrete and always accessible. She had that with her friends—her pack. But sometimes, Odessa felt as if she couldn't go to Silas for anything. And that always disheartened her. He made her happy but sometimes that wasn't always enough. She always felt as though something was missing in their relationship.

To put it quite simply, the connection wasn't really there. Sure, they liked each other. But it didn't go past that. They've never said I love you to each other, they have sex, sure, but it was nothing special. Odessa wanted passion, something worthwhile. She didn't feel that way with Silas. Who could she feel that with?