v. odessa the track star

chapter fiveodessa the track star

chapter five
odessa the track star

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ODESSA WAS confident when saying she enjoyed school. She got along with other students in her class, she had at least one friend from her friend group in each class—if not more. The blonde didn't have many complaints about her time at Beacon Hills High—except for one. The Alpha twins: Ethan and Aiden.

The Stone hadn't had the pleasure of meeting or talking to them but the smug smirks that didn't seem to leave their faces was enough for Odessa to decide she wasn't interested in meeting nor talking to them anytime soon.

Another minor reason the girl didn't particularly enjoy school was cross-country. She had been forced to sign up for the school's team by none other than Scott and Stiles, saying she had to do some extracurricular activities. Scott also gave her an added reason that was to help practice keeping her heart rate under control for future full Moons and control in general but Odessa thought that was a pretty poor excuse.

It also seemed she was one of the only girls on the team. Seeing as the lacrosse team was forced to sign up—only leaving her with two other girls on the team that willingly signed up.

Odessa exhaled, stretching her arms across her chest to warm herself up for the upcoming run. It was currently around eight in the morning with classes starting around nine—the morning sun beaming down on the teens. She looked to the McCall next to her, "so, how does this work? Do I use my speed or not?"

The boy let out a short chuckle, "you don't have to use it, Odie," the two boys had started to use that nickname, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu when hearing it, "this is just for you to get used to keeping control. Plus, it's only practice."

The Stone looked in front of her to see Isaac staring after the Alpha twins in anger, "tell that to him."

Just then, Coach blew his whistle, signaling the group to start running. As most of the group started to run, Scott caught Isaac's shoulder, "Isaac—"

"It's them," the Lahey seethed before running as fast as he could, trying to catch up with the twins.

While Scott yelled for his friend again, Odessa internally rolled her eyes and began to run. As she ran, she began to pay less and less attention to her surroundings. She knew her friends were somewhere running, but she lost sight of them as soon as she started it seemed. She also didn't know the running path at all. So, the blonde let her body take control and run wherever her feet felt like going. It wasn't until she couldn't hear anything, like Coach yelling or the heavy breathing of her classmates, did she snap out of whatever her body did to her. The Stone breathed heavily as she came to a walking pace, not knowing where to go. As her advanced hearing became weaker, her sense of smell became stronger. On instinct, she followed the scent that smelled bitter, like something was decaying. The smell only got stronger until she laid eyes on the smells source. There, tied against a tree by his neck, was a boy who looked no older than she was. He was covered in blood, his skin as pale as a sheet.