Chapter XLI: It's Been Awhile

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The golden orbed girl nodded, "The tumor, the glioblastoma in your brain- is there no way of treating it?" She asked quietly, earning a hearty chuckle from the older woman. "I'm afraid not." The young woman turned her attention from the tea cup that has now gone cold, to Gojo's mother. "I've lived my life (Y/N). Perhaps not how I had wanted to, but my decisions have led me to the life that I now have." She took a sip of her tea, "I have many regrets in my life." (Y/N) observed as she smiled bitterly, and how the delicate rays of the sun hit her face as Gojo's mother watched the birds that nestled her precious hatchlings at a nearby tree.

"I wanted to give Satoru a normal life." She paused, "I wanted a normal life. I wanted to have been able to marry a man, whom may not have had much, but someone who was able to take care of his family better." (Y/N) listened quietly, not once moving an inch during the moments that Gojo's mother spoke. "Someone who didn't seek for more power, a man who was content." Another soft sigh escaping her lips, "I did not hate my husband, but I did not love him either. Our marriage was built upon a mutual understanding, but it wasn't out of love."

The older woman looked at the younger one in front of her, "I was in love once as well. With another man, not Gojo's father." (Y/N) looked up from her lap, with a subtle look of shock plastered unto her face- almost unnoticeable. "Don't get me wrong, Gojo's father was indeed handsome; He could've easily had any girl he wanted. But I was in love with a simple man, someone who had no power. Someone that ended up marrying someone else and having a happier life than I- he became someone I was jealous of." She took a deep breath in, and sighed softly. If there were any words that (Y/N) could use to describe Gojo's mother in her current state, it would be that she was full of regret. Who wouldn't be regretful, missing her one chance at life to become the happiest she could've been. Her life would now be filled with "What ifs", never knowing what could've been.

She only had one life

Despite being one of the most respected women in the Jujutsu world, the younger woman couldn't help but question one thing. "Were you ever happy?" The younger woman asked, her eyes widening at the bluntness of her words. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like-" The older woman chuckled, "It's alright. I was actually, once. Giving birth to Gojo, that was the happiest moment of my life. Even if he turned out to be quite a delinquent, abusing his powers, acting like he's invincible- he's the reason I knew that there was still some form of happiness in the world." Then there it was, a sparkle in the older woman's eyes as she talked about her son. Even through the reserved nature of her actions, anyone could've seen it- a mother's love for her son.

"Gojo is the reason that I'm still here today." (Y/N) spoke, well-aware that it was now her turn to explain as to why the child-like man makes her heart flutter. "Even if it is cliche, he quite literally saved my life." She clenched her teeth together, not in anger, but in frustration. "I didn't want to go back to the academy, I wanted to run away from my responsibilities- because it's easier. I wasn't a gifted sorcerer, being a Jujutsu sorcerer doesn't come easy to me- it requires work; something that Gojo never had to think twice about."

She looked at Gojo's mother in the eye, "Your son was relentless, and that was one of his characteristics that stuck unto me like glue. He never gave up on anybody, despite the fact almost everybody else knew that it'd be a lost case." (Y/N) smiled in adoration, turning her head around to see the sliding door slightly open and a pair of sky blue eyes peeking in.

" (Y/N) smiled in adoration, turning her head around to see the sliding door slightly open and a pair of sky blue eyes peeking in

"(Y/N).."

The blue-eyed fellow sniffed, as he called out her name. His lower lip quivering, in an attempt to give her puppy dog eyes. The two women grimaced in slight disgust at the sight of the full-grown man, attempting to be cute. He walked- no, rushed in the room and gave his much more mature lover a hug, snuggling his face at the crook of her neck. His ego was definitely through the roof right now, upon what he heard during his eavesdropping session right outside the very thin paper sliding doors. "Satoru, did you forget your manners?" The older man shook his head, ignoring his mother. (Y/N) gave the older woman an awkward smile, as she pat the arm that was wrapped around her neck.

━━━━━━━━

Hi friends! I'd like to just point out that, not much is known about Gojo's parents. Therefore, with that being said, I'm sorry. There will now be made up parts that may or may not be canon to the manga plot. Also this took me a minute to update, eheh.

And as always,

Peace ❤