"Millie, are you awake?" The muffled voice of her grandfather shook Millie out of her sleep. She groaned in response and he shuffled into the room. "I know it's early, but I figure you could use a pick me up." Her grandpa said, placing a plate of chocolate chip cookies onto Millie's desk.
"Dang it, you know my every weakness." Mille croaked with a smile.
"Heh. Yeah, I do. Oh! By the way, Foxy, Bon Bon, and Bonnet are all in the backyard. I told them it didn't work and they...didn't take it very well." A loud crash was heard from outside. "I take it that they need some time to take it all out, especially Foxy."
"Oof. Um, thanks, Grandpa." Mille said sitting up out of bed.
"Anytime," he exited the room, footsteps fading out along the halls.
Millie sat at her desk thinking about how to approach the three. She thought that BonBon would be in shock, Bonnet would be depressed, and Foxy would be the angry one causing a ruckus. Besides, it was his idea to start up the AI core in the first place. And he seemed the most devoted out of the three to get Freddy started up again.
After finishing one last cookie and changing into clean clothes, the goth grabbed her cane and stepped down the stairs. Millie limped towards the back door and slowly pushed it open, to be met with two yellow eyes towering over her.
They were nodded with anger and regret, but they soon melted into something much more depressed, sad. Funtime Foxy bent down and started to...sob? Yes, the animatronic fox was crying. But without the tears cause...well-
Millie was taken by surprise as the fox smashed her with a hug. "I really thought thought we could d-do it. Bring ol' F-Freddy back."
"Yeah...I did too, Foxy." Millie responded, hugging him back.
"And we had only found each each other for only the shortest time after s-so long!"
"I know how you feel, and I'm sorry, too."
Two pairs of tiny paws latched onto Millie's feet. The two small pink and blue rabbits hugged her legs. "We're sorry, too, Millie." Bonnet said. "We've already had to grieve Funtime Freddy before this, but after really thinking of the possibility, it's like we're having to go through this again." Millie nodded, her head still being buried into Foxy's chest.
The animatronic slowly pulled away from the girl. "We haven't gone inside yet. I don't want to." He snarled. Bonnet patted BonBon's back, comforting him. Millie couldn't take it anymore. BonBon. Funtime Freddy's literal right hand man and best friend. One of Millie's best friends. The one who'd protected her from Freddy. The teenage girl dashed past them into the shed-at the speed she was at least allowed to go-slamming the door open and closing it behind her. The other three didn't dare follow.
Millie collapsed onto Funtime Freddy. Each part being collected from the scraps they found at the old shed and being repaired, put back together.
Millie was proud of her work then, but what now? Her arms enclosed around Funtime Freddy's torso, or at least tried to. She sobbed, crying out and letting herself shake to her very core. Freddy was gone. For good now.
Her watery eyes opened to find that his chest cavity had opened. It was probably from the pressure she applied to it that made it open. She reached her hands inside to close it, but as she did, her eyes caught onto something. Tucked away in the corner, was a white light. Unbelievably small, yet still noticeable. Millie opened the chest cavity and made her way to the power module where the AI had been connected. The AI core was glowing softly.
When Millie's eyes widened and her hopes raised a bit, she noticed the AI begin to glow as well. She gasped and backed away. She clutched onto her cane and limped out of the shed. Leaning back on the side of the shed, gasping for breath, Millie thought about what it could be.
It couldn't be hope, could it? Even before Millie lost all of her motivations, Freddy was practically lifeless. Yet there was one thought that lingered saying, that she shouldn't have given up so quickly. Could that twinge of hope had come from...one of them?
Millie turned to Bonnet, BonBon, and Foxy.
Foxy was still silently raging. Bonnet was purely depressed, as was BonBon. But he had a small smile that flickered on every one and then. Could it be him? Millie limped to BonBon and kneeled down in front of him.
"Hey, BonBon? Do you think that we still have a chance?" She asked softly.
"Well....maybe. Everyone looks like we don't have much of one, anyway. To be honest, when you said that he powered on, but he was...not really alive...I thought there would just not really be anything to fuel him. No agony, like you said. He has everything he needs in his AI, we just need to bring it back to him."
Millie's eyes drooped a bit at the last part. "But we have so little of him left, and it's still damaged. How do you know?"
"Well, I'm just hoping that it'll come back to him." BonBon said. His ears dropped bashfully when Foxy sent him a strange look.
Millie, on the other hand, was astounded. She picked up BonBon. "Well, hold onto that hope, cause I think that's what we need the most right now." BonBon's smile would spread up to his ears if it could. Millie led the way back to the shack as Funtime Foxy followed carrying the two bunnies. Inside was Funtime Freddy, still as lifeless as before. The glow coming from his chest was more prominent now. The other two animatronics gasped and the glow grew stronger.
"Well, son of a-"
Millie cut Foxy off. "Again, Foxy, that phrase is not supposed to be for happy things." Foxy sent a half glare at her. "You guys were fueled by agony, and now you're fueled by hope. We found Funtime Freddy's disc clean of any agony or hope. We can't cause a massacre to get agony, but we've already got hope on our side. So who believes we've still got a shot?"
BonBon's hand shot up. Foxy hesitantly lifted up a hand. Bonnet lifted hers as well. And Millie raised hers. She turned to Freddy and opened his power module. The dark grey disk was slowly turning to a shiny silver color.
"Freddy...um...we still need you back. Please. Everyone's been better since you left, but I don't think we've quite gotten over it. Not me, anyway. Not long after we finally got over your grieving, we ended up sending Sarah home and keeping Eleanor at the other house. So we thought, if we were able to build that much off of Eleanor to keep her going, we thought we could do the same with you. Because all that was left was...just a fragment of your AI. Only a small bit of made you you! We took a shot at it and got to work. We worked on building you from scrap for over a year. It was difficult with school, but the other animatronics helped out long with my grandpa. Funtime Foxy, Bonnet, and BonBon. Remember? They think we still have a chance to bring you back and so do I."
As Millie spoke, the light inside of Funtime Freddy started to glow as brightly as ever. She gasped. "I don't know if you can hear me, but please keep fighting through this! I..I don't think I'll be able to move on after all of this happened. If it wasn't for you, my life would most likely still be miserable! If I hadn't met you on that one night, there would be so many lives left unchanged. Jake and Andrew never would have made it out." His eyes glowed brighter and brighter. Millie clutched onto the bear in a tight hug. She clenched her eyes shut so she couldn't see the glow begin to take a blinding turn.
"I love you, Freddy." She mumbled.
And the light faded away just like that.
Millie's hope still managed to hold on.
She pulled away to look at Funtime Freddy, but she couldn't. Something was restraining her in a hug.
Two metallic arms were wrapped tightly around Millie. She gasped and managed to look up at Funtime Freddy. His eyes shined bright blue as he smiled down at Millie. It wasn't the same lifeless robot she saw the night before. This time he looked..alive. Like how he'd been in her dreams, her memories, both good and bad. She gasped and clutched back onto Freddy in disbelief.
"I...I-"
"Well, if it isn't Millie Fitzsimmons!" Freddy cheered. Foxy clashed against Mille squishing her underneath as he just so managed to hug the bear. Bonnet climbed up onto Freddy's shoulder.
"Wow, I can't believe it worked!" She said, her voice breaking. She wrapped both tiny paws around Freddy's cheek, and he leaned into her. He looked down and saw the blue bunny at his feet.
"Freddy..? Do you remember-"
"BAWN BAWN!!" Freddy screeched. He picked up the rabbit and let go of both Millie and Foxy. Scooping BonBon into his arms, Freddy hugged him up to his chest. The rabbit's small arms reached up for the bear's neck so they weren't too squished.
"So...you do remember me?" BonBon said hopefully.
"Well...it's complicated." Freddy put BonBon down.
"Like...how much do you remember?"
"I know there's a lot of things for me to know, but they're all a blur and I can't remember it all." Freddy knocked himself on the head. "But I do know Silly Millie, BonBon, and Funtime Foxy."
"How far back can you remember?" Millie asked.
"Well...I know how I met you, Millie. And my memory's somewhat accessible from that point on, so I guess I have a good idea. But before then, I don't know."
Millie turned to BonBon. "Well...maybe it's better that way." Funtime Freddy looked up at the goth. She put a hand on his cheek. "You changed, Freddy. You really did. You're practically a hero!"
He smiled. "R-Really?"
"Yes, really!" Millie exclaimed. "And don't worry, we have a bunch of pictures to help you get it all coming back."
"Oh, um. Okay." Funtime Freddy answered unsurely. BonBon cheered again and wrapped his arms around Freddy's neck again to snuggle up against him. Millie and Foxy came in for one more hug. Everyone was-hopefully-back, and as normal as it could get at the time.

1 month later

"So..what's this?" Freddy asked.
"Birthday cake! Duh!!" BonBon yelled playfully. He slid a slice over in front of Freddy.
"Birth...day?" He pronounced.
"Yeah, you're all big about birthday parties!"
"What's a birthday party?" Funtime Freddy smiled at the mention of a birthday party. Even if he didn't know what they meant, they still made him happy for a reason he didn't understand at the moment,
Millie smiled from afar watching the two. She adjusted her party hat and walked into the backyard. The space was packed with family, relatives, and some other friends. There were a few party tables lined up on the side and at the front, facing Millie, was a sign that read "Happy Birthday Millie!" Funtime Foxy was on the side entertaining kids and doing tricks. Millie would expect Funtime Freddy to jump in and steal the show at almost any given time. But with all of these new things to learn about birthday parties in general, he was trying to take it all in at once. Learning that he used to love birthdays really motivated him to learn more and get back to his old self. And so far, it's been working. Funtime Freddy was back to his full self. He might not remember who Circus Baby was, or what happened that one Christmas Eve, but that didn't matter to Millie. Of course, she'd have to eventually move out for college, but she knew for a fact she and Brooke would be moving back to the small town. There was nothing to stand between Millie and her friends now.
She'd make sure of it.

I honestly am not very proud of little bits of it, some lines are just repeated over and over but hey I've got a way of writing and I'm not editing any of this so H A.